Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"Song not available" BS!

"Song not available" BS!

Why does spotify even show an album, if there are only 2 songs you can actually play from it!?  The album "Wake up and smell the coffee" by the cranberries only allows me to play 2 songs, WTF? This is so annoying.  Dont show all the other songs if I cant even play them.  Im drunk and depressed and need my cranberries fix ffs.

6 Replies

I LITERALLY CANT PLAY ANY SONG FROM BURY THE HATCHET, YET I CAN SEE THE ALBUM, CLICK PLAY ON ANY SONG AND "Song not available". COME ON!

@Vladtheimpaler

Hello:

I am not sure what is going on for you. I looked up the region access for Bury The Hatchet and most listening regions have access to a version of the release.

There is a 13 track version here:

This release version is available to these listening regions: CA MX US

This 19 track version:

Available to these listening regions: AD AR AT AU BE BG BO BR CH CL CO CR CY CZ DE DK DO EC EE ES FI FR GB GR GT HK HN HU ID IE IS IT LI LT LU LV MC MT MY NI NL NO NZ PA PE PH PL PT PY SE SG SK SV TR TW UY

This 19 track version:

Available to these listening regions: CA MX US

Can you double check that your Spotify apps on your devices and/or Computer System is not set to offline mode, and/or any playlists with off line content not set to offline as well? Premium Spotify users can offline content for up to 30 days at a time. You might check and see if the content is available and playable from the webplayer here: https://play.spotify.com/

I have verified that I can listen to those songs on the web player, but not on the spotify application on my PC.  I dont think I am in offline mode as that is something I have never turned on, or known how to turn on, until now.

@Vladtheimpaler

Can you post what OS version is on your PC, and what version of the Spotify app you have currently?

Windows 10 Pro

Spotify version: 1.0.28.87.g8f9312a4

@Vladtheimpaler

A couple of things to try, do a few log out and log back ins. Sometimes doing a full system shutdown while logged out of the Spotify apps clears some things up for some reason, caching issues and what not. If you just leave that can't play track blue bar for a few seconds to set there, does the song them go ahead and play eventually? Some users have also reported if they are a Premium user, taking the Spotify desktop app to offline mode and then turning it back to online mode again, this seems to clear up whatever is causing the track play back error issue for some users? Might also try setting the crossfade to the lowest fade time like a zero option on the time slider, and see if songs play back correct now without the blue bar play back error? Just throwing out some ideas I have come across on the community as quick fixes and work arounds. The last thing to try is to do a clean reinstall of the Spotify app, make sure there are no folders or files left over from the uninstall of the Spotify desktop app and then use the full offline installer from here: http://download.spotify.com/SpotifySetup.exe the offline installer should provide all clean new files to install with. Users should in about another week get a new Spotify desktop app version soon, beta Spotify desktop users have already gotten an update last week. Also I forgot to ask are you Premium or an ad supported Spotify user?

Also are any of those unplayable tracks greyed out? Greyed out tracks means those tracks are not available for you to play currently, double check the artist page to see if an alternate version of the release is available to you to play content from.

Suggested posts