Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" by Genesis

"The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" by Genesis

Any reason why this particular album is missing while everything else by Genesis is available? It was on Charisma like everything they released before and since in the 70s, so I don't see any logical reason. 

16 Replies

Sure do hope it shows up on spotify eventually. In the meantime, check out some of the stuff Steve Hackett has re-recored on the Genesis Revisited albums. There is some great material from "The Lamb" there.

Wondering that myself.  Some of the tracks are on compilations, but it would be great to have the whole album.

Totally agreed. Already following you, mate. Please folow back! Many thanks https://open.spotify.com/artist/7CggwNKZffPFW2SYQb8Tvh

We are more than 4 guys asking where's The Lamb... Spotify, please make it happen!

I guess it has something to do with Peter Gabriel. After all he contributed mpre to that album than to the others so maybe he has more of a say? After all he keeps most of his solo work off streaming as well. And "The Lamb" is also absent from Tidal.

At least now syncing offline files wprks properly so I can play his work as 320 kbps mp3 on my device. The only thing missing is gapless playback. I only wish people like Peter Gabriel, King Crimson, Tool, Slade, Jonanna Newsom, Prince and others would earn better so that they could be available for streaming.

Was this ever resolved? Tired of having to play my CDs or use Youtube.

I don't think so.... Gabriel's solo stuff and The Lamb only seems to be in Apple Music...

Even Amazon Music has it (with the subscription that is included in Amazon Prime). Disappointing

Well, I originally asked this question, but it is kind of solved to me. It seems Peter Gabriel has more of a say regarding this particular album than the rest of his catalogue. 

Peter does not want his music to be on Spotify, which obviously means he can also keep this album off for some reason. 

great rec

Totally agree! One of my favourites, and now my library is not complete!

It can't be that or his only issue is with spotify. Because the album is on other media streaming services.

Anyone know exactly why is that?

Spotify, please answer.

All of us want the The Lamb in your library.

We are now more than 5... MAKE IT HAPPEN SPOTIFY!!

@mauro_ptt wrote:

We are more than 4 guys asking where's The Lamb... Spotify, please make it happen!

It’s September 2018 and Lamb has finally arrived in UK Spotify! (Peter Gabriel’s early solo albums too). 

To whoever made this happen - thank you!

I've been searching for this ever since I subscribed to Spotty in 2015, and now finally!!! Thank you Peter G!!! (I assume).  Now if we could get King Crimson, esp.  Discipline!   Be sure to vote for the Wish Box idea.

It is up to King Crimson alone whether their material should be available. Robert Fripp so far has decided he does not want his material to be on Spotify, but the appearance of live albums may hopefully be a sign of different times. 

Suggested posts