"The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" by Genesis

"The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" by Genesis

geirhong
Roadie

Any reason why this particular album is missing while everything else by Genesis is available? It was on Charisma like everything they released before and since in the 70s, so I don't see any logical reason. 

16 Replies

Re: "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" by Genesis

petemx5
Casual Listener

Sure do hope it shows up on spotify eventually. In the meantime, check out some of the stuff Steve Hackett has re-recored on the Genesis Revisited albums. There is some great material from "The Lamb" there.

user-removed
Not applicable

Wondering that myself.  Some of the tracks are on compilations, but it would be great to have the whole album.

Cochè
Gig Goer
Totally agreed. Already following you, mate. Please folow back! Many thanks https://open.spotify.com/artist/7CggwNKZffPFW2SYQb8Tvh

mauro_ptt
Casual Listener

We are more than 4 guys asking where's The Lamb... Spotify, please make it happen!

geirhong
Roadie
I guess it has something to do with Peter Gabriel. After all he contributed mpre to that album than to the others so maybe he has more of a say? After all he keeps most of his solo work off streaming as well. And "The Lamb" is also absent from Tidal.

At least now syncing offline files wprks properly so I can play his work as 320 kbps mp3 on my device. The only thing missing is gapless playback. I only wish people like Peter Gabriel, King Crimson, Tool, Slade, Jonanna Newsom, Prince and others would earn better so that they could be available for streaming.

BobPlant

Was this ever resolved? Tired of having to play my CDs or use Youtube.

mauro_ptt
Casual Listener
I don't think so.... Gabriel's solo stuff and The Lamb only seems to be in Apple Music...

magikis

Even Amazon Music has it (with the subscription that is included in Amazon Prime). Disappointing

Highlighted

geirhong
Roadie

Well, I originally asked this question, but it is kind of solved to me. It seems Peter Gabriel has more of a say regarding this particular album than the rest of his catalogue. 

Peter does not want his music to be on Spotify, which obviously means he can also keep this album off for some reason. 

SUGGESTED POSTS