Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

radar realase problem

radar realase problem

Hello !

I'm starting to get fed up with the radar realase! I've said many times that I don't like an artist, but it always comes back. 😡

sorry for my english ! i hope that you understand and i hope that " hiphop construction " 

will never come back !👿

cali from France 

19 Replies

Hey @cali-tpk!

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear this is happening to you.

We'd suggest that you start by going to the artist page on mobile. There you can click on the 3 dot menu and choose ''Don't play this again''.

It's also a good idea to check if you have any songs in Your Library from that artist and remove them just to be on the safe side.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

thank you for the answer ,

i don't have a song by this artist on my Library,and i dont have : 

''Don't play this again''  on the 3 dot menu  😕

cali 

Hey there @cali-tpk,

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of what you're seeing when you tap on the 3 dot menu on the artist page?

We'll be waiting for your reply!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

spot.jpgScreenshot_2021-02-18-15-49-29-648_com.spotify.music.jpg

maybe it's "masquer ce titre" but  i don't  have  "hide" this artist , just the title  .

Hey @cali-tpk,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the screenshots.

Keep in mind that the Hide this song feature is playlist and device specific. This means that it can still come up on other devices and in different iterations of your Release Radar, as they count as separate playlists.

You should however be able to activate the Don't play this feature for an artist account-wide on a mobile device. You have to navigate to the artist page to do this. On the screenshot you've sent us it seem like you've entered the three-dot menu of a specific song, not the whole artist. 

If you don't see that option, or it doesn't work as expected, we recommend that you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on all your devices. That will prompt a resynch of your account with our servers and remove any damaged files, that might be causing the app to malfunction. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator

thank you ! 

I can no longer print the screen (not practical at all on my phone) but I was also on the whole artist and there is nothing  juste:  "s'abonner / "ne pas lire ce titre"/ "radio liée à l'artiste" /and "partager" 

he comes again today..!hp.jpg

Hey there @cali-tpk,

Thank you for your reply and for the screenshots.

Would you mind sending us a screen recording when you do the steps? This will help us understand more directly what's going on from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

i cant' , but thank you for trying to help me , does'nt matter !

i just can send a screen of my pc .

cali sp.jpg

Hey @cali-tpk,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Please keep in mind that the option to block an artist from playing is available only on mobile devices. In order to be able to investigate this further, we would need to see how the three dot menu on an artist page appears on a mobile device at your end. You can consult the device manufacturer for a convenient way to make a screenshot. Alternatively, you could borrow a friend or family members phone and see if the option is available there.

Keep us posted, we’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

the block artist the hate its idea on the PC

Hello! i succeeded 🙂

Screenshot_2021-02-20-08-20-25-168_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_2021-02-20-08-19-26-642_com.spotify.music.jpg

Hi @cali-tpk

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help. 

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

" Hey @cali-tpk!

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear this is happening to you.

We'd suggest that you start by going to the artist page on mobile. There you can click on the 3 dot menu and choose ''Don't play this again''. "

i dont' have "dont' play this again" on 3 dot menu, has you can see .....

Hi again @cali-tpk

In this case, the option you have to chose in order to avoid to keep listening to that specific artist is "Ne pas lire ce titre" in the menu you showed us on the screenshot. 

If you have any questions, just let us know.

EniModerator

already done, it does not work .

no matter ,thank you anyway !

it's ok, he didn't come back ,for the moment .... 

Hello !

he comes again ...  and other like him too ! i love Trance music ,not his music , i don't know why his in my playlist !🙄

and why put on the release radar, titles by artists that I don't follow ?😑

Hey again @cali-tpk,

We're sorry to hear that you're still receiving recommendations from artists you don't like. In this case, we suggest to keep Hiding the songs/artists you don't like from your Release Radar so you stop receiving those in the future.

Also and just to clarify, the Release Radar playlist isn't exclusively for artists you follow. Since this playlist is also meant for discovery, it includes new releases from similar artists related to your listening habits and taste.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

hello !

"Also and just to clarify, the Release Radar playlist isn't exclusively for artists you follow."

it's too bad... I would have preferred to have only the releases of the artists that I follow , for discoveries there is already Monday...

I will continue to hide 

Suggested posts