Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

spotify playlist now has a different name?

Solved!

spotify playlist now has a different name?

does anyone know if spotify changed the names of some of their own playlists recently? i follow many playlists one of which i'm sure has been changed from "keeping it feel" to "spotify + chill". seems strange... any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@maxartist23

It's not the first time a public playlist is deleted or changed, and be aware that there's no way to recover it if changed.

To me, it's considered good practice adding to your library (or saving into a private playlist) music you like from public playlists. That way you can customize it to your own liking.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

@maxartist23

It's not the first time a public playlist is deleted or changed, and be aware that there's no way to recover it if changed.

To me, it's considered good practice adding to your library (or saving into a private playlist) music you like from public playlists. That way you can customize it to your own liking.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

many thanks for the reply. hmm that's a bit annoying they can just delete playlists like that.
thanks a lot for the tip, i will keep that in mind.

now, this is strange. i googled the playlist's name and it showed up (see link below) - but when i search within the app itself, it's not there at all!
how odd...

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify_uk_/playlist/1tP3NBSEbXlHjzFKV83NYw

Suggested posts