Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

year in music/lyrics?

year in music/lyrics?

Just wondering if spotify is going to bring back your year in music/the lyrics feature/other features that have been removed for seemingly no reason or if I should look for a different music streaming service.

1 Reply

Hey Greg!

This year the Year in Music stats were delivered by email. If you were unsubscribed to email notifications around the 2nd December then your stats won't have been sent to you. A lot of people had this issue with not recieving the emails, so they were resent this week.

If you have a Last.fm account you can enable the "scrobbling" feature to have last.fm track your stats from Spotify. At the end of each year Last.fm has a similar yearly stats feature that is much easier to access than the Spotify equivalent from this year.

As for the lyrics feature, this was provided by a service called Musixmatch, and their partnership with Spotify ended and so the lyrics feature is no longer being provided unfortunately. This was also one of my favourite features but they aren't bringing it back anytime soon I don't think.

Hope this helps 🙂

Suggested posts