Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

10,000 song limit

10,000 song limit

This is more just a plea to the people at spotify:

Why have you put a limit on how many songs we can have in our own music? It just makes no sense!! I've filled up my 10,000 song limit allowance already and now want to save more music but can't.

The quicker this can be changed the better as I am seriously considering cancelling my subscription

254 Replies

Ummmm why do I have a limit to how much I can download? If this isn't fixed soon I'm canceling. I need to download songs because I don't get service outside of my house. Why not just charge me double or something? I mean this is rediculous

Vice posted an article on this this morning which had been posted on Reddit. I encourage people to vote for it to increase visibility.

https://www.reddit.com/r/music/comments/64wp7e/_/

This is what we need. I'll give them more 2 months to correct their behavior. They do not pay attention to their forums. Maybe public shame will help.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Adding my voice.  

Like a lot of people, I have a system for how I rate music, create playlists, and organize songs I like and don't like.  This arbitrary limit is screwing that all up, and for the first time in years, I'm looking at other services. 

There will come a point when switching services will become less of a pain than dealing with the limit.  Then I will be gone.

I'd rather stick around, but that's just how it is.

Why was this issue marked as "solved"?

somebody must have accepted the fact that the solution is to switch to another provider, it's kinda funny 😉

Yep.. that was me. I started the thread. It was what I proposed. 

so is google or amazon better than spotify for keeping all your songs? I have 50,000 songs easy.

I've switched to Tidal as it is the only one with Spotify that has
cross-fade on android app and has a higher song limit in your library
Google, Apple music, deezer etc are similar to Spotify but let you tag more
song to your music library.
I've already tested all these apps as premium member but any of these have
their drawbacks.
At the moment Tidal is ok but, using stamp, it has not 35% of the music in
my Spotify library. As any other of these apps you can try it one month for
free so you can decide.
If cross-fade is not a need for you I'd choose Google music as I find it to
be the best app of all (imo), music library ia similar to Spotify and gui
is the best (imo).
Funny because the cross-fade bug in Google play is a similar bug to this
one, we've been asking for it for years but Google's developers don't do a
thing about it.
So all music apps have their drawbacks.

Not sure. I know Amazon and ITunes will hold 200,000. But my issue with Spotify is not my personal music it's I want to save albums like I do with my collection but there is a limit. I'm not downloading and if I'm not playing the song it's not streaming. It like a marker under albums of all the albums you like save to play at a later date but simply going to the artist and having an image of all the albums you like by them as opposed to searching again.

This is very helpful, I've been wondering which way to go. I haven't jumped yet but it will be soon. It is nice to have an idea where to start.

I'm torn between google and amazon now... i'm kind of leaning amazon because i already have prime. The poster before you was really helpful too. This community does seem fairly nice. Too bad mods don't look at it and give the feedback to the developers. Spotify IS nice ... that limit though ...  I'll probably come back if they fix it ... unless the new service has a good selection 

Right now spotify is like water.. whatever you can hold in your hand is what you can drink.. we need a cup 🙂

I just cancelled 

Once again dissapointed by Spotify's UI decisions. I've been a premium user for years now. When I started using spotify "My Music" didn't exist, so I simply created playlists for albums I wanted to save. I organized these playlists into playlist folders, so I could organize by artist, and then have my album playlists in the artist folders. One level back, I had all of my artist folders in another folder simply called "library"—it is kind of an inconvenient system, but it was the only way to organize a "library" in Spotify at the time.

First UI decision I hated: they removed the ability to view all of the tracks in a playlist folder on desktop... then they did it on mobile. This wasn't such a big deal, because at least I could still shuffle all of the tracks, even if I didn't have an easy way to look at all of the tracks in a playlist folder.

They later added "My Music", which sounded promising, but because they removed the ability to view all of the tracks in a playlist folder, I would have to go in to each individual album playlist and add those tracks to "My Music" in order to use the feature. Didn't want to waste my time doing this.

Then they took away the ability to shuffle all songs in a playlist folder on mobile—this was a feature I used all the time. Maybe I'm an outlier-type user; I'm sure most people don't shuffle their whole music collection, but I do, and removing this feature removed my ability to do that.

So, with no other options to shuffle my whole library, I set out on the daunting task of adding each of my album playlists into "my music"—that seems to be how Spotify wants their users to keep a library of music, right? It's a tedious process for sure, but I', starting to get excited about the ability to actually use the "My Music" feature. I get about 2/3 of the way through my playlists, and get that smug message "Epic collection, friend. Your music is all filled up. To save more you'll need to remove some songs." Seriously? You couldn't think of a less snide way to phrase this? I was honestly looking forward to using the "My Music" feature, but it just won't work for me with this limit.

It really dissapoints me because I've been with Spotfy for a long time—I've personally reccomended it to many of my friends, and they have gone on to buy premium accounts. When I first discovered it, I was so excited to find this magical place where I could listen to so much music, but it seems like they've never really had any idea what the **bleep** they're doing in the UI department—they just keep removing features and pissing off segments of their user-base. For the super-users, the true music-lovers who want to do their own discovery and build their own music libraries, it just doesn't work that well. It seems short-sighted for them to be willing to lose these customers. So, unless Spotify can fix this, I'm going to have to switch to some other service.

YOU ARE NOT AN OUTLIER!!!! 
Dammit.. i've been trying to get them to work to your suggestions... they just fail .. it is like they have no concern for their users. I'm even doubting that they check this forum. 
I'm done at the end of this month. I gave them 2 months a while back hoping that vice article would shame them. Nope.. total disdain for their users.

At least one thing Spotify is great at: sending paying customers to other companies!

Spotify is like a stubborn child, he does as he wants and doesn't listen to people feeding it.
- iOS app eats up my memory because there is no "clean cache" option. "

- "RapCaviar" playlist added stupid videos that interrupt my listening and there is no way to turn that off.

- Albums keep disappearing and reappearing.

Obviously Spotify at the moment is concentrated with other things and doing other stuff customers are going away.
I wouldn't be surprised it goes other way, away from streaming because at this point all it does is negotiate with artists and labels and forgets why is there Spotify in the first place - BECAUSE OF US.
Paying music lovers.

But we can also NOT pay and send Spotify to the curb.

Spotify is dead... That's my solution to this problem. 

No human on the planet would ever be limited to a set number of "links" to certain items, whether they are web pages, songs, videos, etc.. Unless you are dealing with Spotify. #CEOGreivances 

I just canceled ... they ignored us for too long. Amazon doesn't have this limit. I got a coupon for a free month. It is only $79/year. Better price and no 10,000 song limit.

In case you are wondering. Amazon switch was worth it.

Spotify dice música ilimitada y apenas te deja descargar 3330 canciones y a biblioteca se llena muy rápido. Hagan cierta su publicidad no nos roben 😞

Suggested posts