Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

10,000 song limit

10,000 song limit

This is more just a plea to the people at spotify:

Why have you put a limit on how many songs we can have in our own music? It just makes no sense!! I've filled up my 10,000 song limit allowance already and now want to save more music but can't.

The quicker this can be changed the better as I am seriously considering cancelling my subscription

254 Replies

This is so frustrating. I have already cut many songs that aren't listened to as frequently as some others may be, but I hit my limit again and the easy to delete options are no longer available... This is like telling me that I should stop looking for new music because I will have to sacrifice something else for it.

I get that there are playlists that can be used, and that is where I put all the previously deleted songs, but I want to be able to go into the all songs portion, hit shuffle, and listen to any random song that I have liked enough to put in my library. And while the list of songs I enjoy may be growing, The percentage of those songs that are available to be listened to in that shuffle mode is shrinking. This is such a stupid limitation.

Well, you can also shuffle playlists, even playlist folders if you use the desktop app (no longer available on mobile though). For example I had to do this yesterday with all saved albums by the drummer Simon Phillips in Your Music while listening to his new playlist and searching for his collaborations with other artists like Toto, The Who etc. The shuffle mode even played songs from newly added albums in the same listening session, even though the playlist had more than 400 tracks in the meantime.

And deleting many tracks from Your Music/Songs is still possible when you highlight them and then press Delete. You can also create a new playlist or add them to an existing playlist first of course. If you want to delete complete albums, it might be faster to click on the album title in Your Music/Songs and then on the green Save button on the album page which works as a Remove button in this case.

I just got premium and am disheartened by this 10,000 song limit. Spotify is replacing my extensive vinyl collection, now in storage. I am going to continue using Spotify, but I understand Apple Music has 25k music locker and is moving to 100k music locker.

SO?

Any update???

Nope...Spotify is doing nothing with this.

You can check this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Increase-maximum-songs-allowed-in-quot-Your-Music-quot/i...

Over 300 pages of people arguing and asking this to be solved for more than 3 years.

My advice...better check other services without this stupid limit.

Having just moved from iTunes back to Spotify it is frustrating that they have this limit. 3,333 or 10,000 why Limit? Apple do not

As I travel a lot i lie having all my music on my phone all the time. I like the randomness this allows.

What Spotify offer is like a modern version of the CD stacker I had in the car where you had to decide what you wanted to hear before the journey started. Then you ended up with the same music until you sold the car

So why did you move back to Spotify. You could have remained in Apple Music..

Because i wanted to link all my Family on one music app and the kids love Spotify. I'm just plain old fashioned and like to have my music with me.

Don't get me wrong, much of Spotify is very good.

No music service is perfect, sadly

Agree with you.

That's why I'm paying both AM and Spotify.

A bit expensive at the end of the day, but it's like 2 albums per month 😉 

Exactly my frustration. I imagine Spotify breaks down into two groups of listeners. The casual streamer, and the die hard music fan who thrives on diverse musical selection. Not sure Spotify’s breakdown percentage of these two groups, but I think it would be in their best interest to curry favor with us die hard music fans by allowing more songs in the musical lockers.

Try this new exciting Service, Spotify, they allow you to take your music where ever you go. Oh hold on, no they don't they LIMIT it. Not mentioned in todays email ad???Try this new exciting Service, Spotify, they allow you to take your music where ever you go. Oh hold on, no they don't they LIMIT it. Not mentioned in todays email ad???

This along with no local file syncing over the cloud are keeping me from Spotify and with Apple Music. Spotify maybe the leader in subscribers right now but competitors like Apple, Google and Amazon with their huge resources continue to close the gap, improving UI, improving recommendations, improving social, linking into their ecosystems like YouTube Red and hardware. At this rate I think Spotify will be dead in 2-3 years or acquired by a larger company like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, or Amazon (the government would never allow Apple to acquire such a close competitor for anti-trust reasons - but Google and Amazon’s services are small enough I think to allow a takeover from these two).

It's 2018 and this limit hasn't been as much as touched on by Spotify, get tf onto this. Never been pushed further to wanting to use a different program. I just want to bookmark my albums ffs.

If you do not like the Spotify responce, NOTHING. then report it as inappropriate. That is what it is. it is so rude to ignore clients, worse than a swear word. If I said F*** i would be in trouble but that is what Spotify say to us

Spotify does not deserve to be a market leader.

Time to get of your asses and make Spoitify great again...
Or it's never been great, but you have the chance to make it great!

By the way, after a long time I listened to my saved Songs (somewhere around 9.3k) in shuffle mode again and noticed in the play queue that some releases are not available anymore, i.e. they are greyed out. So deleting those albums should free up at least a litte bit of space, because they probably still count for the 10k tracks limit. You have to enable "Show unavailable tracks" in the desktop client settings to see them.

wouldn't make a difference, been using apple music and it is great. Had over 12k active songs in my library when i switched so there is no going back to that crappy service again. they just don't seem to care either.

But i have like 40,000 tracks in my amazon library.. and no issues... spotify sucked really

If more people who read this thread posted, we could get some reaction. I’m researching Apple Music for possible move.

Suggested posts