Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

10,000 song limit

10,000 song limit

This is more just a plea to the people at spotify:

Why have you put a limit on how many songs we can have in our own music? It just makes no sense!! I've filled up my 10,000 song limit allowance already and now want to save more music but can't.

The quicker this can be changed the better as I am seriously considering cancelling my subscription

254 Replies

Pleeeeeeeeeease Spotify! At least allow it so that 10,000 songs can be downloaded on one device as opposed to 3,333 on each of three devices. I actually bought the most memory on a smart phone, so I could save all my Spotify music to it...only to learn there is a 3,333 limit per device. 😞

This limitation seems to be so artificial, I really don't get why even bother implementing it. I already hit the cap and the music industry isn't stopping anytime soon. Unsubscribed.

Add my name to the complaint list. Say what they want.. i'm probably going to drop the service if they don't get this fixed.

You have MANY complaints on this. It would not just be a small fraction of users. You would probably gain back some of the users that quit. 

You will probably lose me before long.

I do in fact have this limit. It is not just a bug.

I am currently limited to 10,000 songs. This post is inaccurate. 

I have almost 4000 songs in my playlist so limit is a lot bigger then the 1000 you mentioned

When you exceeded. 10,000 tracks you didn't get an error message? I did when i attempted to. I have to delete songs. You are missing a 0 buddy.

10,000 > 4,000.

I found a solution to this problem by the way. Go into your settings, select 'cancel subscription.' Then you just hold down on the app icon, and select uninstall. 

No more song limits.

Actually that would set the limit at 0. It would make the price right though.

Sad. I wanted to start saving all my bands discography. But hit the limit. It shouldn't be a big deal but is audiophiles like having unlimited. If I want Iron Maiden I go to Artists/Album and there they all are!

What even doesn't make sense is that the download limit is splitted in 3 (for 3 devices), so the download limit is 3,333 on a smartphone. I switched to an 128 GB Micro-SDcard, but for now it doesn't even take 40GB of it. This is so sad and was shocking for me. I really hope they could fix this problem. If not I might change to Google Play Music.

I Use Spotify for 2 years now, and bumped into this limit 3 - 4 months ago. I Already have like 500 Songs i cant listen to on my phone now

Pleas change this.

In all seriousness what the **bleep** reason could Spotify possibly have for this limit. Spotify, you've done a lot of good work but you are, at best, severely limiting my enjoyment of your app. I deal with the frustration daily and I hate streaming services like you for causing the shutdown of my local record stores. Now, not only can I not browse and source CDs to rip, people can barely even find a laptop with an optical drive! If I already had over 10,000 songs ripped to my winamp library from pre-streaming days, why the **bleep** would I not expect to have more than 10,000 songs saved to this virtual library??? I'm begging any and all competitors to create a platform that does not have this utterly nonsensical and noncompetitve "feature" so I can dump Spotify and spit in their eye on the way out.

The limit is my only issue. And I'm not downloading the limit to any device. I just wanted Spotify to be one stop. Saving an album to your "Album" list should just be a notation. As I said I want to save albums like I would in ITunes. With Spotify unless your downloading 10,000 song me saving all an artists work is just the audiophile in me. So if I want to hear the discography of a band I would go to Artist and see their albums. Then stream from there. A one stop place instead of looking up the artist I search and scrolling there. It's not an end all but a pain. Though in an interview I heard on the Classic Metal Show podcast a while back they said it's the labels that want the limit

They dont fix it cause only 1% would use so many songs. But this is still 500 000 people because of the huge amount off people that use spotify. It's just sad because these 500 000 people are most excited about music, and services like spotify could make our experience so much better. They just need to mind the 1% Music maniacs.

Help us spread more music with spotify!

Yeah.. music lovers and people who claim to be audiophiles. I'm one.. i love audio ... i'm not one of the guys who claims to have magic ears.

I love to check out new artists.  I find that with 10,000 songs i'm constantly managing my library. With downloaded media i was doing the same, but i had no limits.

I've found this with the transition from physical media to digital too. Vinyl > than cd > than lossy audio.... we accept lossy audio as our standard now... 

why do we do this when technology allows us to make the audio better? End of the month.. i'm off. Last month for me.

I agree in general with lossy audio. Though I have a Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin radio and the DAC is incredible. My ITunes (256) and Spotify (320) sound great with little notice. But in general if I can buy the same CD from an artist for 9.99 I cloose that over iTunes and save it digital in lossless format. Spotify for me is instant gratification to hear something and to see if an album is worth buying

2017 already, still nothing has changed, can't remove anymore music, so cannot add new one. so frustrating.
tell me Spotify, why am I paying a subscription again ?

I can understand if Your downloading. But I don't and I'm only "saving" the album on screen so to say. So I'm just flagging/adding it under albums for quicker reference and to make it look like one would keep a music library.

Thing is I still buy music. But I feel playing the music on Spotify gives the artist an extra income burst after the purchase is long forgotten

Suggested posts