Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

10,000 song limit

10,000 song limit

This is more just a plea to the people at spotify:

Why have you put a limit on how many songs we can have in our own music? It just makes no sense!! I've filled up my 10,000 song limit allowance already and now want to save more music but can't.

The quicker this can be changed the better as I am seriously considering cancelling my subscription

254 Replies

I'm not at the 10k limit yet but getting close. It might be a small percentage of people at the 10k limit now but the number of people hitting this ceiling is undoubtedly growing daily. The best way to improve recommendations is it add to my music and that can't be done for many people anymore because of this unexplained limitation.

To put it in perspective one can add 0.03% of Spotifys content to their library if Netflix had a similar limitation you could only have 2 titles added to you list for later viewing. I think I'm going to have to leave Spotify the frustration with lack of answers from them is enough for me and there is pleanty of competition. I'm currently on a Pandora Premium free trial and really like Slacker (I'm a big fan of radio type services)

A side note for those of you going to google you are in for a rude awakening they are limited to 1,000 songs per playlist including thumbs up which is their version of adding to my music.

Of the "very few people" that are affected, the fraction that replied to this post already have it at 17 pages. And a web search shows it is not that insignificant a topic.

Having the library as a playlist sounds like a misguided design choice in the first place (there is no order to it, so no point making it a list). And 10k songs is less than 1000 albums. It is not that absurd really...

I'm also dying to have more room in my collection. I'm considering going back to Google Music after spending a handful of years paying for Spotify premium. I like having my collection of artists and albums that I enjoy coming back to. I've even gone through and purged albums that I don't like as much anymore, but still I continue to hit that 10,000 track ceiling. So now I just have a ton of playlists, but I'm wondering how long before I hit a playlist limit. 😞

Please Spotify. If anyone there that has the power to make a change is listening, we would love to have some more room!

Just go man.. they aren't listening.

Give us the option to pay a little bit extra for unlimited saving. . . I don't want to have to switch to Apple Music because I'm so engrained in Spotify, but I am not going to spend the next God-only-knows-how-many years augmenting my library every month or so to fit new songs. Thats just asinine. . . Apple, here we come

You say that now. Just go. I'm on amazon... it costs less mostly the selection is the same with a few minor exceptions. 

My frustrations are gone. I pay less now too. Apple will probably be fine likely as well.

+1

please expand it 😭

Bye bye Spotify. I waited some months, but the limit is still there.

Fortunately, there are apps that help with the move.

I will watch the thread and maybe someday Spotify will pay attation to their paying customers.

I´ve been checking other services. Tidal, Apple Music, Google Music. Right now I´m on deezer. Don´t have any need to change back to spotify as there are great apps to migrate all your playlists from one music app to another. 

I´ve been googling to see what about Spotify answer aftewr 17 pages of angry users...finally found an answer from, no more no less: Kevin Goldsmith former Vice President, Engineering - Consumer at Spotify.

If this 17 page messages are not being enough for them to change it you can easily send him a message through this link, and even downvote his comment:

https://www.quora.com/Why-will-Spotify-only-allow-you-to-save-a-limited-number-of-songs-as-part-of-Y...

Lets make them hear us. And make them fix this stupid limit.

He is not anymore..

jajajajaja. What a pitty.

Well, we will then stay here complaining with no answer...

@juls281 Thanks for listing the alternatives. How's the music selection on Deezer?

Like all of you, I have hit the 10,000 song limit. W t-f? Honestly, I've been deleting songs from my library for the past year to accommodate this arbitrary limit but at some point, it does not make sense to have this ceiling. This is a streaming service, right? So what's the technical limitation here? Are these all not just shortcuts?

@Spotify - please remove this ceiling.

The technical limitation is TECHNICALLY they don't care about their customers. Amazon has this figured out. I don't delete songs i like to make room for new songs now.

@jaschwa, I hope you are making room in YourMusic by cutting those tracks to a series of big playlists!  I hope you are not deleting those overflow tracks, are you?

That's the best solution yet

IMG_3988.PNG

Thanks, @Contz, and I added your TopTrack from last.fm-- if that is yours-- Metallica, When a Blind Man Cries-- I added that track to my M-N playlist-- for "Metallica".  Perfect solution . . . . Works for me!

Hahaha, just came to check if they had figured it out yet, only to find 17 pages of this "1%" I've already moved to tidal, much better now.

Yes, it's me 🙂

One of the best Metallica's songs. At least in my opinion 😉

Has anyone found a good way to transfer all their stuff to a different service like TIDAL?  The time this is going to take seems daunting, but I'm convinced Spotify will never fix this now, so I'm ready to just move on because I'm tired of having a billion unmanageable playlists.

Suggested posts