Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adblock doesnt work on spotify web player anymore :(

Adblock doesnt work on spotify web player anymore :(

there goes listening ad-free without premium 😞

14 Replies

Hey @dat_boi88! Welcome to the community!

Ads are what make Spotify Free a possibility. With ads, Spotify can pay the artists the money they deserve. Have you ever tried Spotify Premium before? If you haven't, you can get 30 days free! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just heard ads for the first time today on Spotify 😞

I wonder if there is any FREE workaround this...

Hey @drdrmn!

Spotify Free is possible because of ads. Spotify pays money to artists and the artists use the money to create the content everyone listens to. Have you checked out the Spotify Premium 30-days trial? You might be eligible for it.

Take care!

HuboSpotify Star

The ads are too darn loud.

edit: nvm i found a fix on google, it's all good now.

Can you post that fix, or give a link? Thanks!

swim may have found a fix but can't post it here 😉

If you found one let me know...it's real annoying to have the player stop after every 5 songs. Thanks!

I remember the time when Spotify web player had no ads. Ads were only heard on the app back then. What happened? Where those ads not enough? I guess nothing we can do but bare with it...

same
my playlist stops playing after like 5 songs because adblock kicks in and i
have to go to the player and choose a new song
its really annoying

Hey all!

Ads are what make Spotify Free a possibility. I'd suggest you to turn off all ad-blockers to make sure you'll experience the smoothest and best Spotify experience. Let me know if there's anything else.

Take care! 🙂

Huib

HuboSpotify Star

And the listeners are what make Spotify!  :  )

Can i just say how dumb you are to post that ON SPOTIFIES FORUMS!!!! God you don't deserve spotify without ads...

I've long since disabled adblocker for Spotify, but now it doesn't work just with adblocker installed. What is that about?

Ok, I get it, ads sponsor spotify, but why not just have banner ads instead of interrupting the flow of the playlist with ads?

Now I find myself switching frequently between different browser and adblocker combinations to find one that might work again for a while, but if that annoys me enough, I will simply switch back to downloading mp3s, because this has many advantages over streaming music at spotify. 
For instance, I can have multiple playlists shuffling endlessly and independently and most music is easy to find online.
Also, I can normalize the volume so the music all plays at roughly the same volume.

My biggest annoyances with spotify (the free webplayer) is the adblocker not working so I have to manually start the playlist again every so often and the other is that music tends to play at different volume levels so some music in the playlist is too loud and other music is too soft. 

-- update --

I got totally fed up with the ads. Some people might be willing to put up with them, but I've gone back to collecting mp3s at soulseek and boy does it feel good to be back at collecting music (not to mention audiobooks and other audio).

Even a single evening of collecting music yielded hundreds of albums, so it took virtually no effort to reconstruct some of my larger spotify playlists.

So long Spotify!

Suggested posts