Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All tracks unavailable

Solved!

All tracks unavailable

I have a premium account and regularly listen on my personal desktop and laptop, work desktop and laptop, and iPhone. Currently all are working fine with the exception of my work desktop which is a Dell Optpiplex 390 running Windows 7 and spotify 1.0.14.124.g4dfabc51.

When I try to play a track (any track) it says "This track is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." This occurs for any and every song I've tried. These same songs work fine on all of my other devices. I tried uninstalling spotify and reinstalling it but this did not solve the issue.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've had this problem for about 2 weeks.  After reading some of the replies, I went to File and turned on Offline Mode just for the heck of it.  Obviously, I wasn't able to play anything, but after turning Offline Mode off again, suddenly everything works.  Not sure how that fixed it but it did!

For comparison, I've got a premium account, running on a Dell Precision T3610 with windows 7.  It's worked fine on my iPad and iPhone during all of this.

Hope that helps somebody!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

My solution was (on Windows) to delete

[~userfolder]\AppData\Local\Spotify\

For good measure I've also deleted [~userfolder]\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Users\

Be careful not to delete

[~userfolder]\AppData\Roaming\Spotify - it's where the program is installed

Probably the problem was caused by corrupt cache (they live in [~userfolder]\AppData\Local\Spotify\ )

TL:DR

A slower fot safer soluton is to uninstall Spotify, manually delete (if still existing)

[~userfolder]\AppData\Local\Spotify\ and  [~userfolder]\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\

and install again.

Marked as solution

I managed to fix mine by disabling all sound effects on my sound driver.

hope it helped you. see the screenshot

Screenshot (9).png
Marked as solution

Hey @danellamaree

Go to the top of the page and look for TOPIC OPTIONS. In there click on Unsubscribe to stop receiving emails if you wish to do so.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Marked as solution

- Go to

Playback devices

- Then go to properties 

- Then go to Advanced

Then uncheck the box that says ''Allow applications to take full control of this device''

64 Replies

A few other community members had the same problem and executing the following steps helped them resolving their issue.

• Shutdown your PC and then restart it in Safe Mode (hit the F8 key repeatedly during the boot up process then select Safe Mode from the menu that appears)
  • Once launched in Safe Mode, go to Control Panel, then Programs and Features
  • Find Spotify and uninstall it
  • Shutdown your PC and boot it back up as usual
  • Go to the Spotify website, download the installer and reinstall.
MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the help Maurice. I actually accidentally solved my problem before I could even try your solution. Apparently my headphone cord was unplugged when someone was working on my computer and they only plugged it back in halfway. Apparently that causes Spotify to think all tracks are unavailable. I plugged in the the cord all the way and it works fine.

Thanks agian.

I am having this same problem and have already tried doing this...any other suggestions?

I'm having the same issue as well.  I played one album this morning and every other one I try says "track not available".  My phone works fine.  I unistalled and reinstalled and am having the same issue as well.

same issue for me. premium account.
desktop app on win 8.1 shows all tracks not available ( my own mp3 on the computer can be played)
android phone works well, web player works also.

i have tried to uninstall and reinstall , and clean appdata spotify directory... nothing works.

Could it be related to a bug in the recent update of the desktop app?

Check your headphone cable. My problem ended up being that the headphones
were only plugged in part way. Not sure why that caused the problem, but
plugging it in all the way fixed the problem for me.

I'm not trying to use headphones, just playing it though the speakers attached to my monitor which play all other sounds. any song I try to play says "Track unavailable"

Having this same issue. Worked fine this morning, got an update, restarted the app, now all tracks not on a personal playlist are unavalible. I have tried the uninstall in safe mode option, but no dice.

I have the same problem since the last update I did it (2 days ago). Nothing works to fix it. Pls dont say rights, this is not about rights. I would say all the clue is pointing out this is about updates. in my android it works well yet. But in pc version all the track if I didnt put it to my offline list, they are not available.

PS: I use windows 8

Same problem. Can't play anything on windows. Phone app working fine.

Same here. I uninstalled/reinstalled, but the problem remains. I noticed also that the album cover display rapidly cycles through each album on the current playlist. For example, I tried to listen to the Earth, Wind, and Fire playlist you put up today, and nothing, but the album display kept cycling through. 

I have tried the headphone solution, unfortunately it does not work.

(I cannot try the safe mode install I do not have acces to this option in our corporate setup). 

I think this thread talks about to different problems:

In the desktop app there  is a blue banner that will appear at the top saying that the track is not available and if the song is your computer you can import it (translation from the french message).

I guess that the headphone problem will not show this blue banner, the songs will play on the computer but you will get no sound. 

The blue banner problem, seems to be a connection problem with the spotify server. You can connect to your user account, but the streaming does not pass. It can be related to firewall / antivirus issue altough other computer on my network can use the desktop app without problem.  The web app works also fine , which does not agree with the firewall / antivirus hypothesis.. 

I still haven't found the solution, I will post it if I find a workaround.

And now, I'm listening to music again -- it sounds like it is fixed.

I just tried...blue banner of tracks unavailable still shows for me

It's problem with network. So try to understand what exactly wrong or just wait fix from devs

Говорю по-русски)
Speaking English)

A co-worker had the same problem and she said that Windows said that she had to reinstall or repair her device drivers for her USB headphones. She did that, and the problem cleared up. She mentioned that she got some Windows 7 updates recently.  I don't know if that helps anyone.

Hmm... It's soo strange. Looks like all users have same problem but with lots of reasons

Говорю по-русски)
Speaking English)

for the last chance I tried to open in web browser but in vain. I am working in a while and I cant sort it out the problem with my all willing in working hours. It is almost a week I have been trying to fix this problem. I dont want to pay more spotify in additional with my mobile data price.

The problem is solved on my computer. 

Here how I did it:

1-I have registered a fourth device as an offline device (A Win10 computer) on my Spotify account.

2-Doing so, my faulty computer has been deleted from my offline devices list.

3-I have then logged on Spotify with the faulty computer, registering it back to my offline devices list.

4-The Spotify content is now visible and playable.

I suppose that the problem was related somehow to the management of the offline device by Spotify,

Uninstalling the software does not remove it from the offline device list but adding new device eventually remove it from the list allowing it to be re-initialized as a new device.

Suggested posts