Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alphabetizing Playlist

Solved!

Alphabetizing Playlist

Can the playlist be sorted alphabetized?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello.

Some users have posted something over on the ideas board about this. As we can track ideas a little easier over on the Ideas section, you can add kudos to this idea right here.

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

87 Replies

Yes and no.  The answer depends on whether you are talking about the order in which the playlists appear, or the order in which the tracks appear within the playlist.  The former must be done manually as there is no facility to alphabetize the playlists.  If you are referring to the latter, it is indeed possible.  Simply select the playlist from the left hand side in Spotify, and then click on the column header labeled "Track."  This will alphabetize the tracks.  You can click on any column header to sort by that column.  Click once to sort it in ascending order, a second time to sort it in descending order, and a third to remove the sort and revert back to being unordered.

Hi,

Isn't there some sort of way to alphabetisize the playlists though?? I have a lot of them so it becomes a bit annoying to do it manually....

They should update it with that feature... or maybe a search box within your list of playlists?

That would be sweet

I am kind of in need of that too....the dragging method in the playlist bar takes fooooorever, and if you have more than a hundred playlists (which I am sure most people do) this is a serious pain - it shouldn't take an entire minute to put a playlist in the right place, this is the 21st century!

This has to be my main negative with spotify, and the more music I add the closer it gets to being a dealbreaker, especially when I am paying for the service!

Ta!

Actually, that post just made me think about the time involved, so I made a new playlist and dragged it right through from the top to the bottom.

It took 54 seconds...

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but that is a long time, if I have 60+ tracklists to sort (and I do) that will take me an hour plus of my day....this is meant to make online music MORE convenient! 😉

This feature is lacking - I love Spotify and subscribe to Premium service and this should be a feature that comes out the box, it's a really simple ask.

Please implement this Spotify, as soon as you can.

I too use a paid Spotify subscription, and it has become my primary method of listening to new music. Due to the volume of music I am interested in that is coming out all the time, without an alphabetization feature playlists that are older than the past couple of weeks simply get forgotten about. Please please please institute a feature whereupon we can organize our playlists automatically.

Just touching base as I posted my comments here ages ago and haven't been back....this is STILL INCREDIBLY IRRITATING!

Putting a playlist in alphabetical order with all your other playlists should NOT take 60 seconds of your life!

Life is really too short to put up with crappy and unnecessary frustrations like this for any length of time, Spotify, just sayin'...

I am also checking it to see if something was done??

SPOTIFY?

Can you at least let us know if this will ever happen any time soon?

Gracias!

Marked as solution

Hello.

Some users have posted something over on the ideas board about this. As we can track ideas a little easier over on the Ideas section, you can add kudos to this idea right here.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Don't hold your breath waiting for this  @milosalcalay.  David has kindly guided you to an idea that was created in February, has 112 kudos points, 11 pages of comments and yet still hasn't been given any status at all by Spotify. We don't known if it's planned, unplanned or under consideration. At the moment Spotify are not even requesting feedback on that idea.

@SteveBrammer wrote:

At the moment Spotify are not even requesting feedback on that idea.

Good point. Changing now. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

I have added Kudos to that thread... such basic functionality being absent is more than a little disappointing.

Just another user hunting for this functionality

We all need to add Kudos to these posts to get noticed - I am going Kudos crazy!!

Come on Spotify - where's the sort alphabetically feature???

Thewigger - Just to clarify, this is the Idea you want... http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Playlist-sorting-options/idi-p/181
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thank-you!

11 pages worth of thread is a lot to get through - can you tell me if there is an alphabetize sort function?

Not just yet. I linked you to an Idea, just throw your support there. We do genuinely listen, so we'd love you guys to show what you'd like added. We can then look into the Idea further and see if it's possible.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I will take a look, but I don't think it's more simply put than; where's the feature that allows you to click, sort alphabetically, or click, sort by last added, or click, sort by newest, or click, sort by genre...

It's simple functionality imo, and has been available forever within Windows, Linux, itunes etc.  We just neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it!

Thanks for all you do, as a subscriber and Apple-shirker, I'm with you for the long haul.  Please add this and you will make a lot of people happy.

I second this.  Really alphabetical playlist shouldnt be that hard.  Everyone but spotify has it it seems like.  Also what if people arent joining simply because of that feature?  The idea of Spotify is great and I have the unlimited subscription but seriously alphabetical playlist only makes sense.

Suggested posts