Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist "About" tab is suddenly missing.

Solved!

Artist "About" tab is suddenly missing.

I just noticed this morning that the "About" tab on artists is missing. Thought it might be that I was looking at a lesser known artist, but it's not showing for anybody, even the beloved Justin Bieber.

Anybody else experiencing this? Is this another feature getting axed?

EDIT: And suddenly it's back...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey all!

You're all on the desktop clients, no? I can see the About tab in the web player, for Justin Bieber as well.

The artist descriptions you see under About tab comes from an external service. It may happen that sometimes mishaps happen, so I suggest waiting for a little while to see if it returns.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I think it potentially might be getting removed...I can't see it either, even on my own artist profile that I'm logged into. 

That's really sad if so 😞 I love reading that stuff.

Seriously hope Spotify isn't phasing this out. It really helps learn about the artist without having to load Wikipedia or something. Especially since Spotify was making last.fm obselete by having artist info on their page

Same here. I really like to read this. Hope it will appear back quite soon.

Marked as solution

Hey all!

You're all on the desktop clients, no? I can see the About tab in the web player, for Justin Bieber as well.

The artist descriptions you see under About tab comes from an external service. It may happen that sometimes mishaps happen, so I suggest waiting for a little while to see if it returns.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The About tab was completely missing from artist pages on the desktop client, but now it's back, thankfully. What a scare! I use it all the time to learn about bands and who's in them. As well as what playlists it's discovered on.

Thanks for this. Hadn't thought about connections to external services as being a factor. Will take that into consideration next time 🙂

Few, what a scare indeed. Thanks for the info!

Suggested posts