Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug: Playlist resets to first song after every song played

Bug: Playlist resets to first song after every song played

This bug happens to me regularly, and is simply obnoxious. Please fix it as soon as possible. macOS client 1.0.54.1079.g3809528e, which should be the latest update. Connected to Sonos via "connect to device".

1) I have a playlist of 334 tracks, I start playing near the bottom, and the Next Up list correctly shows the remainder of the playlist.

SpotifyPlaylistReset1.png

2) At the end of the song, without me touching or doing anything, the Next Up is changed, and the first song in the playlist starts playing. The view now looks like this.

SpotifyPlaylistReset2.png

If I manually double-click the next song that I originally wanted to hear, The National in this case, it will play normally and view will be again more like #1. At the end of the song, it will once again reset to the top of the playlist, and lose the position.

Needless to say, I'm incredibly sick of hearing the first song. Please let me know if you need any other details for this bug.

2 Replies

No reply for a real bug and support issue from a paying customer. Spotify's customer service is a JOKE.

I have the exact same problem, for many months now.

I work on a Mac, and use the Spotify-interface to connect to my phone & earbuds.

Is there really no solution for this irritating bug? One should think many people encounter this problem.

Suggested posts