Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't download Spotify

Solved!

Can't download Spotify

Hello!

I have a new computer and cannot download Spotify on my new computer that I have.
Have tried to disable the firewall on my computer but still doesn't it?
On my new computer, I have windows 7 and my last record, I had windows 7 with.

This response I got when I downloaded Spotify:

The installer was unable to connect to the internet. Please make sure the computer is connected to the internet and that no firewall is blocking the connection and try again.
Error code: 51

My internet works great and have tried with my firewall, no error at all. Must be a bug or reached. Please help me fix this problem soon!
Hear from you soon! Greetings

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Does downloading the larger filesized installer from here work? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@Zanzamar wrote:

I have a Mac OS 10.8.3 and can't install spotify. I download the 122 kbs file from the download section, execute it... it downloads something and then it says the image doesn't work and it suggests me to try it again... I've tried it plenty of times now with no results 😞

Is there any direct installation file? I saw one for Windows... is there anything like that for OS?

Thanks!

Try http://download.spotify.com/Spotify.dmg

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

@555michael wrote:

@MNissen wrote:

Hi

I also can't download Spotify to my pc. I had it, but this morning, it wouldn't initiate. So I uninstalled it. When I run the setup.exe, the Spotify Installer says "Unable to download Spotify". I have a good internet connection, and it works fine if I just run it on the internet. 

Hopefully, 

MNissen

Welcome to the Community! have you tried Restarting the Computer?

Try using this installer too and see if it helps: http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe

Peter

Peter

90 Replies

Cant download spotify on my new pc with windows 8

I have the exact same problem and I can't fix it. Would like someone to help so that I can get started with listening to music again!

Marked as solution

Does downloading the larger filesized installer from here work? 

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter,

Although I'm not the person who posted the question, I encounterd the same problem and your link did work!

Thnx.

Same problem here: on windows 8 PC can't download Spotify. Keep getting message "can't download Spotify right now, will try in xx seconds". And starts its count down timer again and again without succeeding in downloading Spotify.

Probably should stop my Premium account?!

Apparently the installer isn't OK: the full setup file works fine:

see this topic

Full installer download:

download here

Hi

I had the same problem as you guys.

Downloading Peter's link solved it. Thanks!!

I had the same problem as the others. Download from Peters link solved the problem for me too.

/M

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen of the Spotify-team,

Last month I took a premium 1-month free subscription, however, it is impossible to download music from your spotify site.

I mentioned Spotify in the list of firewall exceptions. I am using Windows Vista.

Please advise.

Thanks.

John Roder

[Super User - Email Removed]

@johnroder wrote:

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen of the Spotify-team,

Last month I took a premium 1-month free subscription, however, it is impossible to download music from your spotify site.

I mentioned Spotify in the list of firewall exceptions. I am using Windows Vista.

Please advise.

Thanks.

John Roder

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

What error messages are you getting?

Peter

Peter

I also encountered this problem and your link worked for me as well! Thank you so much I already paid for the subscription and I thought I was about to have to go through a headache to get it fixed!

So why does Spotify make the full installer impossible to find? Seriously irresponsible, IMO.

I guess because the basic installer fills most peoples needs!

Peter

Peter

Clicking on the Full Installer just saves an "Unconfirmed" file to my Desktop, which can't be opened because I don't have the proper program...

Very strange, what browser are you using? (I think there are download issues with the metro internet explorer if you are using Windows 8).

Direct link is http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe

Peter

Peter

Peter, you rock!  I was having the exact same problem and it worked perfectly.  Thanks!

Spoiler

No worries, enjoy your music! 😄

Peter

Peter

I had Spotify on Windows 7 and it stopped working.  I uninstalled it and tried to download it again.  The first time I go Error Code 52 and the second time I got Error Code 101.  I have disabled Windows Defender and Windows Firewall.

Hi,

I'm using Mac 10.5.8 and my Spotify was working fine until recently when it kept crashing.  So I tried to reinstall it, as this had helped sometimes in the past.  However, now when I download the installer I keep getting an error message saying an error occurred while trying to install Spotify and now I can't even install it. I have a premium account and really miss my music 😞 any help would be much appreciated. 

Maya

Suggested posts