Can't drag playlists into a folder

1 person liked this

Can't drag playlists into a folder

Concert VIP
‎2016-11-11 02:57 PM

In recent updates to spotify desktop i've noticed that i can't drag my playlists into a playlist folder in order to have them organized.

1. I create new playlist folder

2. i click hold and drag playlist

3. i see the plus (+) sign when hovering over the folder

4. the playlist locates above or below but not into the folder

So, i cannot find a way to add playlist into the folder.

10 Replies
1 person liked this

Re: Can't drag playlists into a folder

Music Fan
‎2016-11-13 09:35 AM

I experience the same thing. Trixing around with order of the folder and the playlist, which is a proposed solution from others with the same problem does not help.

1 person liked this

Music Fan
‎2016-12-01 05:23 PM

Same issue here!

1 person liked this

Music Fan
‎2016-12-01 06:18 PM

I have a similar issue.

As a workaround, if you have the folder expanded, you can drag the playlist to a specific spot amongst the existings playlists in the folder.

However, this does not work if you create a new folder and/or the folder is currently empty.  I know of no way to get a playlist into the folder in this situation.

Hopefully Spotify rectifies this soon.  This is very frustrating, as I have several dozen playlists and I need to organize them better.

2 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2016-12-01 06:52 PM

I've been having the same issue here for about a month and it's incredibly frustrating. Spotify, the competition gap is tightening and poor software will lead us to look for alternatives. Please address this.

2 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2016-12-10 11:31 PM

Is anyone from Spotify listening?
Help?

Music Fan
‎2016-12-16 11:05 PM

Seriously! This glitch sux.

3 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2016-12-18 11:32 AM

I have this same issue.
I did find a workaround, If you create a folder inside a folder. You can drop a playlist in the second level folder and it will go to the first level folder.

- Folder 1   <- Playlist appears here

-- Folder 2    <- Drop playlist here

This is on 64x Windows 10.

Hope this helps

1 person liked this

Music Fan
‎2017-02-09 06:41 PM

Works! Thanks. 

Clearly a lingering bug that should be easily fixed. How could a bazillion dollar company take so long to fix such a simple UI bug?

I wish Google Play had a better UI for organizing nested playlists and had a PC offline mode. If so, I'd switch.

Music Fan
‎2017-02-25 06:32 PM

Hi all,

I've been facing the same issue but found a workaround!

The only way to put playlists within folders, is to have the folders expanded so then you can drag and drop your playlist to the desired folder; these folders must have at least one playlist for this to work.

The way to create a playlist to a folder, is to right click the emtpy folder, and create a new playlist with a name, and that's it! then you can delete the dummy playlist.

Enjoy!

SUGGESTED POSTS