Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Can't drag playlists into a folder

1 person liked this

Can't drag playlists into a folder

Regular
‎2016-11-11 02:57 PM

In recent updates to spotify desktop i've noticed that i can't drag my playlists into a playlist folder in order to have them organized.

1. I create new playlist folder

2. i click hold and drag playlist

3. i see the plus (+) sign when hovering over the folder

4. the playlist locates above or below but not into the folder

So, i cannot find a way to add playlist into the folder.

10 Replies
1 person liked this

Re: Can't drag playlists into a folder

‎2016-11-13 09:35 AM

I experience the same thing. Trixing around with order of the folder and the playlist, which is a proposed solution from others with the same problem does not help.

1 person liked this

‎2016-12-01 05:23 PM

Same issue here!

1 person liked this

‎2016-12-01 06:18 PM

I have a similar issue.

As a workaround, if you have the folder expanded, you can drag the playlist to a specific spot amongst the existings playlists in the folder.

However, this does not work if you create a new folder and/or the folder is currently empty.  I know of no way to get a playlist into the folder in this situation.

Hopefully Spotify rectifies this soon.  This is very frustrating, as I have several dozen playlists and I need to organize them better.

2 people liked this

‎2016-12-01 06:52 PM

I've been having the same issue here for about a month and it's incredibly frustrating. Spotify, the competition gap is tightening and poor software will lead us to look for alternatives. Please address this.

2 people liked this

Casual Listener
‎2016-12-10 11:31 PM

Is anyone from Spotify listening?
Help?

Casual Listener
‎2016-12-16 11:05 PM

Seriously! This glitch sux.

3 people liked this

‎2016-12-18 11:32 AM

I have this same issue.
I did find a workaround, If you create a folder inside a folder. You can drop a playlist in the second level folder and it will go to the first level folder.

- Folder 1   <- Playlist appears here

-- Folder 2    <- Drop playlist here

This is on 64x Windows 10.

Hope this helps

1 person liked this

‎2017-02-09 06:41 PM

Works! Thanks. 

Clearly a lingering bug that should be easily fixed. How could a bazillion dollar company take so long to fix such a simple UI bug?

I wish Google Play had a better UI for organizing nested playlists and had a PC offline mode. If so, I'd switch.

‎2017-02-25 06:32 PM

Hi all,

I've been facing the same issue but found a workaround!

The only way to put playlists within folders, is to have the folders expanded so then you can drag and drop your playlist to the desired folder; these folders must have at least one playlist for this to work.

The way to create a playlist to a folder, is to right click the emtpy folder, and create a new playlist with a name, and that's it! then you can delete the dummy playlist.

Enjoy!

SUGGESTED POSTS