Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't queue on new Web Player

Solved!

Can't queue on new Web Player

Last opened the web player on Tuesday 1/17/17 and was able to use the queue function, just opened the web player today 1/19/17 and the layout looks different. I cannot (or rather, don't know how to) queue songs to play them in succession. I am on Google Chrome.

Additionally, when the layout changes in the future, can a small introduction or tour be given so that I can learn to use it? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Same problem here, using the web player on my Chromebook. Why did you take this feature away, Spotify?

I've been a Spotify Premium subscriber for awhile. Might be time to switch to Google Play Music (which has a queue feature in the web player). 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

This is ridiculous! They straight up said the following:

"While we don't have plans to bring back the play queue at this moment, Spotify are still testing and improving the new web player and are taking on board all feedback!"

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Web-Player-Bring-back-the-queue/idi-p/1587442

I'm unsubscribing.

Marked as solution

SOLUTION

Same problem here - really annoyed too. But I have a potential solution for people who really want to play the music through their webplayer and still have the app on their phone: you can put songs in the queue on your phone and still play it on your computer.

Maybe it's going to help some of you in some situations 🙂

28 Replies

I'm also experiencing this problem. I use Spotify most at work where I can't install the app, and reducing features on the web player is ridiculous. This will seriously make me reconsider renewing my subscription.

@lazyfox13 I am in a similar situation. The app is great and I enjoy my premium membership, but I much prefer functionality to aesthetics when it comes to the web player, as I am not looking at it most of the time. 

Functionality continues to be stripped away. No queue, can't scrobble to last.fm, can't easily add a song to a playlist, can't view radio, can't easily find playlist, etc. I can accept change, but this is ridiculous.

Vitznah, I'm having the same problem.  I've searched everywhere so I assume they removed the function.  Similar to other users I use the web player at work where I can't download the app.  Better notice of a GUI update and perhaps a special section in the help area would be nice.  This is the first major change of the web player I've seen and I've been using it for a couple of years now so I'll give Spotify a pass and maybe they'll update it here in the near future, but in the meantime it is annoying.

Necroing this thread. I'd like for this issue to at least be acknowledged by a member of the Spotify staff. Would be great if I could get some reassurance that this is being addressed.

Chiming in - I also hate the redesigned web player. Who thought this was an improvement?  God awful. A huge step backwards.

Same here, terrible change. I remember when Spotify first started and the queuing function was one of the best functions in what was a great layout generally. To neglect to include it now is incompetent programming as far as I'm concerned. 

Mine just updated today and the lack of a queue is terrible. They really need to add this back. I also can't install the desktop app because work prohibits it and that's where I listen the most.

Marked as solution

Same problem here, using the web player on my Chromebook. Why did you take this feature away, Spotify?

I've been a Spotify Premium subscriber for awhile. Might be time to switch to Google Play Music (which has a queue feature in the web player). 

Hello all! 

Unfortunately, the queue has been removed as a feature on the web player, here's an idea which supporting it. Leave your votes and comments in support there, if you haven't already : )

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've been a Spotify premium member since 2012. I've accepted many changes to the service in the past 5+ years, but removing the queue functionality from web player is a deal breaker.

I'm sure this won't actually be viewed by a Spotify employee, but I'm giving it another month and then I will be unsubscribing (assuming the queue has not returned).

Generally speaking, I'm also quite tolerant when it comes to updates and changes but I agree that this is indeed a deal-breaker ... Seems strange to remove such a frequently used function, especially when 'downloading the app' is not an alternative for everyone. I'm on chromebook myself. Poor choice, Spotify.

Idk why this is marked solved. I see nothing but complaints of the same problem I too am having. Spotify, you really dropped the ball on removing the "add to queue" function in the new web app design that is absolute garbage. It doesn't even look good.

Hey fellow annoyed Spotify-ers, I posted this elsewhere, but I thought I would also share here since I had the same problem, but here's a temporary fix until Spotify listens!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in the same boat.  I listen at work and cannot download the desktop app, but I have found a workaround.  Open up the app on your phone or tablet, and select continue playing on whichever computer you are using, then add songs to the queue that way.  Basically use your mobile device as a remote. Annoying, but it's all I have for now. Hope that helps, everyone!

BTW: this is not the solution

To Spotify Team: please fix - it has been 5 months now...

same problem hoping for a quick fix

Marked as solution

This is ridiculous! They straight up said the following:

"While we don't have plans to bring back the play queue at this moment, Spotify are still testing and improving the new web player and are taking on board all feedback!"

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Web-Player-Bring-back-the-queue/idi-p/1587442

I'm unsubscribing.

Try this, it'll revert the web player back to the old one, where the queue option is still available:

https://www.reddit.com/r/uBlockOrigin/comments/6p7wc2/ads_no_longer_being_blocked_on_spotify_web_pla...

Marked as solution

SOLUTION

Same problem here - really annoyed too. But I have a potential solution for people who really want to play the music through their webplayer and still have the app on their phone: you can put songs in the queue on your phone and still play it on your computer.

Maybe it's going to help some of you in some situations 🙂

Suggested posts