Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't sign in on desktop player

Can't sign in on desktop player

Sounds like I have the opposite issue of many people on here. I have no problems signing in to the web player using the Facebook link, but when I try to use the desktop player I have no luck. When I click log in with facebook it pops up a browser window that says "logging in to spotify." After ~10 seconds that window closes and I'm brought back to the desktop player main screen where nothing happens. 

When I try to use my device username and password to sign in I get a 10 second pause, and then a "Service is temporarily unavailable , please try again later. (Error code:2)

9 Replies

I had the same issue. Try again now. Mine just worked

This has been happening for over 6 months... it's also still not working for me.

Anyone?

Have you attempted to reinstall?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Follow me: Google+ | Spotify | Spotify Community

I've uninstalled and reinstalled at least 5 times

Do you have an antivirus running?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

likely yes, I'm on a work computer.

Hey! I suggest trying to disable the anit virus and see what happens. Not sure if you can, but I believe that that is your issue. Hope this helps! Have a nice day.

I'm not on Windows, I'm on a Mac, and it's happening to me too. I noticed that it happened since I switched my browser from Chrome to Opera, so I opened up Chrome again just to see if that was the issue – and it worked fine! I guess the Spotify desktop login doesn't work when Opera is set as your default browser?

Suggested posts