Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't use Facebook login buttons

Solved!

Can't use Facebook login buttons

My desktop Spotify app works great, but I can't use the web player or any other aspect of Spotify's web presence, because the login buttons--the big blue ones that say "Log in with Facebook"--are broken for me. The ellipsis at the end of the sentence shows up when I click the button, and starts cycling, indicating that something is trying to happen, but nothing ever does; no error message, no popup, no redirect, no nothing. It just blinks forever, and I can't get in. I turned off Adblock and similar extensions, but it didn't help. I logged into an alternate account to post this, one not linked to a Facebook account, since I can't get into Spotify web support either. (which, requiring an account to mention problems with logging into your account seems counterproductive.)

30 Replies

Easy workaround: Use your keyboard TAB button (tabulator button with arrows to left/right) to navigate to the blue "Login with Facebook" button. Then press enter. (It is not highlited when you're there, but you understand when you are because the other locations are highlighted when they are selected. Use just tab og shift+tab to cycle through all of the locations.)

It probably has something to do with incorrect scaling because of high resolution screens and Windows 10, and Spotify needs to correct this. It also affects all the buttons after you log in and try to use Spotify.

Web player loging via Facebook credentials still doesn't work. Has that not been fixed yet?

Does not work for me in Firefox v42.0 either.  Same exact problem others have reported-- the elipses after clicking "Login with Facebook" animates and no popup login window appears.

I start FireFox in Safe Mode and the popup appears, but with no addons or popup blockers installed and FireFox running in normal mode-- I get nothing.

Spotify support is absolutely clueless about what is causing this problem and absolutely powerless to actually fix this problem.  They told me more than 20 times in our email correspondences to use a different browser.  They finally had to kill my Facebook-linked Spotify account entirely, made me sign up with my email address into a completely new account, and then transfered all of my songs and playlists from the Facebook-linked account over to the new account.

Very disappointing experience.

I have the same issue ever since I updated firefox, and yeah I agree it must be a pop-up issue they have cause even without pop-up blocker the facebook login does not shows up. The proof is like how I had no issue to login to the community page. I hope they recover this soon, cause I am not about to make a new account.

Marked as solution

I discovered what is going on with this extremely annoying error:

This is entirely due to Firefox adding an option (under Tools > Options > Privacy) in Firefox version 42.0 and higher to "Use Tracking Protection in Private Windows".  With this option checkmarked, ALL Firefox windows/tabs prevent the Facebook login popup.  With this option unchecked, Firefox opens the "Login with Facebook" window properly every time.

Spotify needs to pass this around to all of your support people because NONE of them know this solution.

Everyone else that this helps: You're welcome.

Solved in the above post.  No idea how to tag people on these forums, so had to post again to reply to your post and get your attention too.

Thank you so much for this! I was racking my brain trying to figure out why it wasn't working.

I'm having the same problem. Logging into facebook normally is no issue at all. I am just unable to log in with facebook on my actual spotify account, saying that an incorrect username or password entered.

Just solved it for myself, I had the problem that the country I was in didn't match the country specified in my profile. Changed this and it worked first time.

Thank you so much! Changing my country worked for me 😄
I was trying everythig! form disabling every extension on firefox to my anti virus.

I recently moved to another coutry, that was my problem :B

Thanks again.

how do i fix for chrome? im using a chromebook

Suggested posts