Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clear Spotify history?

Clear Spotify history?

I'm really happy with Spotify, but recently a friend used my account to listen to some songs that I don't like. Despite several attempts to delete the songs in my history by reinstalling Spotify or restarting my computer, all have failed. So I'm assuming that this data is stored in "the cloud" somewhere. This leads me to believe that the only way to restart would be to delete my account and make a new one with the same email address. But based on the other forums, it doesn't seem like this is very easy either. I appreciate any help you can provide.

46 Replies

I too, have this problem. I set up my account and downloaded all the classic rock I could and now there are lots I would like to delete. I have cleared my cache working both on and off line. Once the deletion is completed, everything looks empty, but my library remains full of the rapid downloads I thought were successfully​deleted.
I just want to start over with a blank canvess.

Thanks all

I think this too. My problem too. Please come with new feature deleting history.

Same thing here, upgraded to a Family Account  and is now trying to get rid of music history to be able to find new music using the suggestions under Discover. Right now, suggested music is often based on kids music but since they now have their own accounts, I would like to get suggestions based on the music that I now listen to.

I have the exact problem! My “recently played artists” history is full of bands and artists that I despise. In my opinion, it’s common sense to give the ability to clear your history, and this problem has been going on for waaayyy too long. Spotify, please fix this!!

I also wish to be able to start from scratch, as I listen to music based on what I am doing. For example: I listen to poor quality music when I don't want to be distracted from work.

Now, all discover features are broken for me.

yeah i got sick of the rap and **bleep** that kept popping up on my account and Spotify wouldnt let me delete it or start fresh. so im not paying for it anymore and switching to a different app.

Suggested posts