Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Sonos devices disappear and don't get rediscovered on PC

[Connect] Sonos devices disappear and don't get rediscovered on PC

On the PC, when I open spotify premium I always see my Amazon Echo devices listed under the "Devices" menu...but most of the time my Sonos devices don't show up. Nothing I do on the desktop fixes this (even opening the Sonos app and playing Spotify songs through the Sonos UI doesn't cause the Spotify app to list the Sonos speakers).

The only way I have found to force Spotify to redisover and show my sonos devices is to open the Spotify premium app on iOS or Android and then somehow that causes things to get rediscovered.

Just curious if anyone else is seeing this kind of behavior with Sonos speaker discover on Windows desktop?

9 Replies

Under devices many (most) times only one, or a few Sonos devices are shown. Only sometimes all 20 devices show up onder the Devices-button pop-up menu.  In Sonos itself ALL devices are always shown. Restarting Spotify, or the Sonoses doesn't help. It seems random. Really frustrating.

I have 100% success rate for all speakers showing up through the Spotify app on Android or iOS, but the Windows desktop app rarely ever works 😞 No reason for it...Sonos on Windows desktop is solid, so this is definitely a Spotify bug.

Good point! I forgot to mention. On Android all devices DO show up. When I connect Spotify on my Android device to a Sonos device, THEN it immediately shows up in the desktop app as playing, and from then on is controllable. A work around that's doable most times, but cumbersome. (My conclusion is it is a bug in the desktop application, seeing this behaviour.)

Yep, that's exactly the same experience I am having and the workaround I am using 😞

Thanks!!!  That works... not great as you say but it works...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread

But from my tinkering

Spotify App - Sonos Speakers don't appear to connect

Android - IOS - Sonos Speaker always appear and can connect

Is this a scanning WIFI network vs Hard Wire (Ethernet) issue - My Sonos speakers are connected to both. Can't seem to get the Spotify PC app to see them which is annoying

PS the original post is spot on - when you get it to work via Mobile app it does appear in PC app, So there does seem to be a clear bug here.

Hi, I have the same problem with the mac os App. 

The only solution I have found is to connect my phone with the Spotify App to the speakers that are running thru Sonos.   Then when I go back to my PC I connect via Spotify.  

Suggested posts