Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Create similar playlist isn't working anymore

Solved!

Create similar playlist isn't working anymore

I'm on v1.0.47.13.gd8e05b1f since today and I discovered that the feature "Create similar playlist" is only working with my own playlists now. Before the update I could use this feature with all playlists, now it's greyed out. Please fix this. Thank you! 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

A way to get around it - on the desktop app, select all the tracks in the playlist (Ctrl + A), then right click and select "Add to Playlist" > "New Playlist" and rename the new playlist to whatever you want.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Mine isn't grayed out, but when i click create similar playlist it just creates a blank playlist. This is the first time I've had this issue.

Same here right now on 1.0.48.103.g15edf1ec. I'm very sad about this. I used it to get another Discover Weekly playlist. I wish it was just a bug, but from my experience I'd say Spotify removed this on purpose, because there is probably a capitalistic/financial reason that we only get one limited Discover Weekly and can't simply get as many tracks suggested as we like. Maybe their algorithm is quite expensive to be run. You can't expect unlimited music streaming AND unlimited processor time for that price.

Well, I help myself now with copying all songs from other people's playlists in an own temporary playlist and use "create similar playlist" with that temporary playlist. Not the smoothest way to bypass that limitation but it works. 🙂

Marked as solution

A way to get around it - on the desktop app, select all the tracks in the playlist (Ctrl + A), then right click and select "Add to Playlist" > "New Playlist" and rename the new playlist to whatever you want.

Create similar playlist only works if the source playlist was creatd by you. It isn't grayed out in that case.All others playlists which you liked/followed and want to create similar one based of that needs to be done by the method suggested in other comments.

Suggested posts