Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete Messages

Delete Messages

I need to delete my messages ASAP. WHY IS THERE NO WAY TO DO THIS.

15 Replies

When Spotify moved to the new "Messages" tab, I guess it was thought of a feature that was either not needed or just low priority. 

If you would like to see if re-added, add your kudos and comments to this ideas topic

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Already did. I was hoping for updates... this seriously drives me nuts.

If you really NEED to delete the ASAP, can you install an older version, delete them, then let Spotify update?

Thanks, I ended up contacting support, they said the only way to delete them was to delete the account ๐Ÿ˜•

I understand what they said. 

But since older software versions had the ability to delete, then they still should.  Try it.

http://www.filehorse.com/download-spotify/old-versions/

How do I delete my messages of sptify?

@santabara61 wrote:

How do I delete my messages of sptify?

There is currently no way I'm afraid. 

Be sure to add your kudos to this feature request topic

Peter

3rd random version im trying now.... uninstalling, installing ๐Ÿ™‚ not succeeded yet ๐Ÿ˜ž

Are you able to tell me please which version exactly has this deletion function?

many thanks...

I would say 0.8.5 is a safe bet. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Peter

Thats completely messed up and lazy that spotify would tell us to DELETE our accounts in order to delete messages. that is the most ridiculous thing i ever heard. why cant they add a delete function?

Yes it was incredibly inconvient. I have no idea why they have not fixed this apparently large issue.  I have even had to change my community user name becasue I cant log in to that account any longer. This is a huge oversight by spotify and when I talked to customer support they didnt seem care much about the problem, they only told me what was possible.

YES! Please make it possible to delete messages. Itยดs truly a basic feature.

basic is an understatement. I've had spotify for 2.5 years... paying customer. $9.99 a month.... and..... I can't delete a dog gamn mesage... i mean come the puck on

Please on the next update - put a function on Spotify to delete inbox messages - thanks in advance. Love Spotify music!

Suggested posts