Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete radio station

Solved!

Delete radio station

Hi

I accidentally added a radio station for someone I really didn't want to but can't find a way to delete them from my list

Can anyone please help and tell me how to?
253 Replies

Richard,

Not the best worded response, but I believe your point is sincere.  As most of these people are paying roughly $120 a year for this service, however, I would have love to have seen a response similar to this:

"We are aware of the hight demand for this issue....and are dilligently working toward a solution.  In the meantime, I should point out...."

Nowhere did you say that your engineers are working toward a solution.  Can you clarify, please?

Thanks.  

@DIGLegal wrote:

Richard,

Not the best worded response, but I believe your point is sincere.  As most of these people are paying roughly $120 a year for this service, however, I would have love to have seen a response similar to this:

"We are aware of the hight demand for this issue....and are dilligently working toward a solution.  In the meantime, I should point out...."

Nowhere did you say that your engineers are working toward a solution.  Can you clarify, please?

Thanks.  

To clarify then, you'll see that we've marked the idea here as "not right nowwhich means it's not something we're prioritising at the moment in development. That's not to say, it won't ever happen though so don't consider it 100% ruled out.

I know that's not the response you're hoping for, and I'd love to be able to give you better news. But that's how things stand right now.

We'll carry on feeding back to the devs that it's a highly demanded feature, of course. It's currently the 5th most popular request here in the Community, after all.

Thanks - and feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Agree with the frustration.   I am on day 3 of my 30 day premium trial.   Overall usability and this issue are my top detractors.   Very pleased with the streaming quality and reliability but I really like to control my stations.

Well, I was seriously considering signing up, but I'm not prepared to pay money to a 'service' that ignores the requests of its users.

Pandora has a very simple way to delete radio stations, you hit "delete."  Pretty groundbreaking stuff.  Pandora also aloes you to shuffle your stations for impromptu playlists.

Why Spotify Why?!

You know, I was about to get Spotify Premium but then this happened. I spent about 30 minutes trying to find out how to delete a radio station that got into my clean radio station list. Spotify, clearly you don't understand what it's like having F**cking macklemore in my radio station list along with all my Metal Bands. I have to browse through pointlist stations to see the ones I actually want. If you want to keep your ridiculous 20 Most Recent Stations list, then fricken make a darn personalized radio station list that I can create. I want my music organized and clean, if this isn't fixed soon I'll just head on over to Pandora again until it is fixed. Otherwise, great product!--Cheers!

TS

I too am on the free trial so far. As I am with other services of the kind, while awaiting Google's new Play to become available in my region.

For each of these, even Spotify, it's pretty simple to me though: Customers will manage perfectly OK wihout a given supplier, the opposite is not the case. 

They have the goods to sell. I have the money.

Until they meet my most basic demands things will remain this way.

Go figure.

New to premium Spotify, and just spent about an hour trying to delete some crappy radio stations... only to find that this has been an ongoing problem for over  a year.

I'll likely be cancelling based on the responses I've seen from Spotify concerning this product defect.

I work for a software company, and thank goodness we are more responsive to our customers or I would be out of a job.

But they're happy as ah-get-out to receive my $9.99 every month.

You lost me. I will be deleting before my 30 day trial offer expires. You must be kidding me.

If this is not fixed by the time my free trial ends, i will cancel.  An absolutely  ridiculous design and an absolutely ridiculous response from Spotify.

LOL... i make a posting(first posting) about a concern about the spotify program and my status gets updated to "Fan"...  not so sure that jives...

I would far rather the dev team devote their energy to getting stable releases across all platforms than fanny around introducing a such a minor new feature as deleting radio stations. After all, once you have 20 stations, creating a new one makes the old one drop off and at the end of the day, I'm paying for the music, not the software. Let's keep things in some perspective 🙂

Joe - It is disappointing that you as a sycophant of Spotify with nearly 1000 postings in here do not have enough confidence to believe they are capable of both allowing for the simple deletion of radio stations and providing a universally stable platform.  One would hope that for $120 a year we could expect them to walk and chew gum at the same time.  Instead of making excuses for their mediocrity why don't you put your brand loyalty proclivities to use by pushing for a better product.

I don't think it is fair to bring money into the equation on this one. 

Okay, you pay $120 a year for Spotify, but almost 70% of that goes directly to rights holders, so in reality you pay Spotify $36 a year for keeping the service up and running, which is $3 a month. I pay more than that for hosting my website, and as you can imagine I don't have to pay anyones wages, or large numbers of servers, or buildings or whatever else Spotify pay for out of that money. 

Not making excuses for them because to be honest not being able to delete stations is just ridiculous to me too, just dealing with the facts. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That's just bull**bleep**.

• I'm not a sycophant.
  • I am just another user expressing my view on priorities.
  • I did not make any excuses.
  • If they don't listen to 1699 users (including me) who Kudo'd this idea, why on earth do you think they would listen to me?

Hey all, let's try to keep things civil and on-topic.

We do understand your frustration with this request - but all your feedback is still being passed along. Thanks for bearing with us.

And as a reminder, the official thread for this request can be found here

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

The reason they don't allow us to delete radio stations is 100% financial because even if it is not related to licensing fees and is a technical issue then its still a matter of them not wanting to spend the money to fix it.  As long as they think they can get away with having just a vocal minority bitching about the issue they can do nothing.  Moreover, when there are postings like your's Joe the company can use their confirmation bias and further convince themselves that it really is not a problem that needs to be addressed.

At this point let's be honest they are not going to give us the delete feature. They have said "Fxck You" on the issue and I weigh that into my monthly decision to renew.  

Nevertheless, I believe we must keep pressure on Spotify to do the right thing and that is not going to happen by acquiescing.  

Ach, no one listens to me anyway 🙂

@tbstrathmore wrote:

... Moreover, when there are postings like your's Joe the company can use their confirmation bias and further convince themselves that it really is not a problem that needs to be addressed. 

tbstrathmore wrote:

Joe - It is disappointing that you as a sycophant of Spotify with nearly 1000 postings in here do not have enough confidence to believe they are capable of both allowing for the simple deletion of radio stations and providing a universally stable platform.  One would hope that for $120 a year we could expect them to walk and chew gum at the same time.  Instead of making excuses for their mediocrity why don't you put your brand loyalty proclivities to use by pushing for a better product

Its great that you know big words.  But maybe you're not smart enough to figure out that you don't have to actually listen to that saved radio station you don't care for.  Quit complaining about trivial things and devote your intelligence to something more constructive.  Joe is exactly right.  There are bigger fish to fry than deleting of radio stations.

I've found that a clean install wipes them all out, and starts you out with a new one based on your most top artist.  Try that. 
I really find it hard to believe so many complain about such a trivial issue.

Suggested posts