Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting (un-following) Playlist not possible

Deleting (un-following) Playlist not possible

There is a playlist I used to follow but It cant`be loaded on my android phone. Same thing on Dekstop Version (Windows): The Name of the playlist appears but I can not open or stop following the playlist. (I can right-click but nothing happens) When I copy the URL it says that the playlist doesnt exist anymore. Is there a way to manually remove the list in another way?

7 Replies

Hey @Christian85DE

Could you give me the playlist URL? (go on open.spotify.com, attempt to load the playlist and copy what's on the address bar)

I've heard of Shrödinger's playlists, maybe it's one of them. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX5BCqufCLDEt

No, it`s a chillout playlist called "Entspannung".

After I deleted the android files on my sd-card it couldnt be load anymore.

Since the other playlists can still be load, i guess that the problem is that the playlist "entspannung" doesnt exist anymore on spotify  and cant be load while the software keeps on trying. So there might be an option to delete the entry manually in an index file or something like that...

same thing in the web browser: the grey playlist can`t be deleted / un-followed... really anoying. In The android app and dektop version it keeps on trying to load the files which never happens...

spotify.jpg

@Christian85DE

Yea, I got the link from what you posted and it doesn't work for me either. Web player can't find it, desktop player shows no songs.
You can try choosing the playlist on desktop client and hit 'delete'.

Or, you can ask Spotify to remove this playlist from your account for you.

To do this, contact them on FB or Twitter (SpotifyCares) or using the contact form.
If you use the contact form, you may get an email to check Support of Community, reply back to it and Spotify will get in touch with your shortly. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Delete key doesnt work but I sent the request via contact formular. Maybe they can delete it. Thanks fo your help!

Ok playlist is deleted by Support!

@Christian85DE

That's great news! 🙂

Enjoy your music!

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts