Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop App for Windows 10 takes ages to load

Desktop App for Windows 10 takes ages to load

I am running Windows 10 Home 1607, build 14393.1066, 8GB RAM, with Spotify App 1.0.53.758.gde3fc4b2, with a Spotify Premium Family account.

The app takes 18 minutes (yes, minutes!) from clicking the icon to being able to use it. The app launches intantly, with a black screen and rotating dots. These continue rotating for the 15 - 18 minutes until the app is useable. I have an 80Mb/s fibre broadband connection, and for this last test no other application running or downloads in progress. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the app three times now, to no effect. This started about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

7 Replies

Hey @Prydwyn,

That's not cool! Does this happen to any other application on your computer?

If not I recommend contacting Support about this issue, you can do this via Twitter (@SpotifyCares) or on the online contact form. They can look into this issue backstage. 

Keep me posted.

Have exactly the same issue, albeith no 18 minutes but a good 5 minutes. Only spotify on my Core i7, 16GB, windows 10 workstation with Windows 10 Pro, version 1607, OS Build 14393.1066. Removed spotify completey, re-installed it, did this a few times and each time I get the same results. Any help would be highly appreciated. 

My friends showed me the following user programming fix-- good until Spotify gets its act together-- This user programming fix works on one of my Windows 10 Spotify installations . . . .  I do all of this in the Windows 10 "Desktop mode".

* First, always shut down your Spotify-- or your computer itself-- with Spotify playing from a playlist that is 1) at least 100 tracks and 2) checked positive for "Available offline"-- For example, I always run Spotify from a "Queue playlist" of at least 3K tracks that I can fully edit and set "Available offline".

* Second, under Edit, Preferences in the upperLeft, under "Open Spotify automatically...", set your Spotify to "Open automatically".

* Third, when your computer starts, wait until the Green dot of Spotify appears in the Lower Right of the "Desktop mode"-- Then do the Keyboard "Next track" command-- which on one of my Lenovos consists of the combination of [ 1) HoldDownTheFnInTheLowerLeftOfTheKeyboard and 2) press the F12 key which has the  >>|  symbol on it.

And music plays immediately-- All of the above is simplified on my Windows 10 laptop, because I usually closeout a work session in Sleep mode so that Spotify immediately responds when I do the [Next track] key combination above-- Make sense?  Does that work for you on one of your Windows 10 computers?-- I laugh.  We all have to help each other fix these programming bugs ourselves-- because Spotify is busy doing "business".

You must have a very complex music collection, my friends, to trigger this difficulty-- but we will figure out something with all of us working together!  What do you find?

Hello, everyone! Sorry to hear you are having the same issue!

I recommend contacting Support about this issue, you can do this via Twitter (@SpotifyCares) or on the online contact form. They can look backstage into this issue for you 🙂

-Thomas

Yes like they have responded to the drag and drop issue for over 2 years now.

Hey @skycop73!

What is the issue you are having? I will try and help you 🙂

-Thomas

Spotify doesn't care. You are a piece of **bleep**ing **bleep** company. Get your act together.

Suggested posts