Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Waiting for connection...

Solved!

[Desktop] Waiting for connection...

Hello. My Spotify app in Windows 8.1 is not downloading the playlists I've marked to listen offline.

However, my phone is able to download them. Both devices are on the same WiFi network. Spotify is added to my Firewall exceptions. I've tried reinstalling, turning off Firewall and Antivirus but it's still not working... Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @iharalu!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Let's try the following: uninstall Spotify and then, try using the full Spotify installer from here. To install it, just make sure to right-click it and select "Run as Administrator". Also, try temporarily disabling any anti-virus or firewall you have running on your computer.

Additionally, can you let us know what Spotify version you're using?

Feel free to add any screenshots, that'd be super helpful too.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @iharalu!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Let's try the following: uninstall Spotify and then, try using the full Spotify installer from here. To install it, just make sure to right-click it and select "Run as Administrator". Also, try temporarily disabling any anti-virus or firewall you have running on your computer.

Additionally, can you let us know what Spotify version you're using?

Feel free to add any screenshots, that'd be super helpful too.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Hello! Sorry for the late answer. I'm running Spotify 1.0.55.487.g256699aa. I'll try what you told me and get back to you. 

I've come to discover the songs actually download and become available offline if I listen to them, so I don't know what could be causing the problem.

Also, I attach screenshots with the spotify version and what it shows me. 

EDIT: It actually works! It seems I went back a few versions but it works without needing to turn off any antivirus or firewall. Thank you!

Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_1.png

Suggested posts