Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Devices missing on Mac laptop?

Solved!

Devices missing on Mac laptop?

Normally when I open spotify on my laptop, it syncs with my phone. The devices icon shows up and I can sync songs to my ipod so I dont need wifi to listen to them. Recently the devices icon disappeared on my laptop. I cant find it anywhere. Is this a new development? Or is there something wrong with my spotify? Or did the icon move on the spotify page? Help! I need my music 😄

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:

You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client.

If you have an iPhone, Android, or iPod touch that syncs over WiFi:

As long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your device.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:

You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client.

If you have an iPhone, Android, or iPod touch that syncs over WiFi:

As long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your device.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Any idea how long will the "future update" happen?

Are you KIDDING? Seriously? This is the way you thank paying customers? By making **bleep**ty updates that remove vital parts of the application? I don't understand how this could happen.

so what you are saying is i cannot play spotify from my mac to any external speakers? the reason I got it in the first place?

So how am I supposed to sync music from Spotify to an IPOD with the devices option?? 

Suggested posts