Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does radio thumbs down work?

Does radio thumbs down work?

When listening to the radio i will thumbs down the same song 4 or 5 times in a 4 hour period.  I'm used to the same songs repeating on the radio stations but it just seems like if I thumb down a song once, let alone 4 or 5 times a day, IT WOULD STOP PLAYING.  Is there a reason I keep hearing this song?

8 Replies

When playing radio occasionally, mostly in SpotiAmp, I've noticed that it loads 100 tracks into a play queue.  The desktop client only shows 50 in any play queue. SpotiAmp works differently, that's about all I'll say without getting into specifics.

Since the desktop shuffle doesn't quite work right, you might be seeing tracks repeating for that reason.  Also, and this is just a wild guess, you might try logging out, logging back in an attempt to play the same station, it MAY remove the tracks in question.

Its a mystery as to how the radio function works, but most will agree, not very well.

Yeah it's pretty **bleep**ing stupid and pretty **bleep**ing annoying. Almost makes me not want to mess with the radio at all.

Yeah. I just googled it up to see if I was doing something wrong. SUPER frustrating to thumbs down a song, over and over and over and over....

Straw that broke the camel's back: I just got into a loop where I thumbs downed a song, then another, and it just got in a loop of presenting me with those 2 choices 😮

I pay for 4 accounts a month --- considering NOT doing that 😞

Yeah...I can't seem to get rid of five finger death punch...it seems to more I thumbs down it the more they come on!

This is quickly becoming a deal breaker..  It's a shame because I really like the service otherwise.

Why would you expect ThumbsDown to work?  (laughing-- ThumbsDown is a dinosaur thing from Pandora days.)

Try controlling the tracks by RightClick on a track and then select "Start Song Radio".   You get 50 high-quality songs.

Then, after every 50 songs, simply start a new Radio by RightClick on a different track and then select "Start Song Radio" again.  You get very high-quality songs this way.  Try it!

Same issue.

The thumbs down button in Spotify seems to be as functional as the door close button in elevators - there to make the user feel better but does absolutely nothing to affect elevator function.

Actually worse...after you've done it to a band too many times, you can't thumbs down anymore and it keeps getting played. Absolutely HORRIBLE!

Suggested posts