Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error 101

Solved!

Error 101

I can't log into Spotify, I get "error 101". I've tried the thing written in https://www.spotify.com/se/help/faq/error/error-101-126/ a LOT of times now. Anyone have any other ideas on what I can do? Seems kind of a waste to have Spotify Premium if I can't even log in. 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Are you using any Antivirus software at all? Or running your internet through a Proxy server? Maybe on a university campus?
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi! I was having this same issue and was about to give up honestly.

BUT!

When I went to my firewall settings through my anti-virus program rather than my control settings, there was a firewall option to "restore to original settings" which allowed me to listen to spotify again. Hope this helps!

Marked as solution

I'm on a university campus, and im getting error 101, what am i ment to do?

Marked as solution

Hi! 

I had this error code and just fixed it. If any of you have Norton, get the norton removal tool and run it. Remove Noton and it should fix it. If you dont have Norton, I have no idea what's wrong with your computer.

66 Replies
Marked as solution

Are you using any Antivirus software at all? Or running your internet through a Proxy server? Maybe on a university campus?
Airhorn Enthusiast

i am having the same problem. i have had premium for a few months but it is not letting me log in all of a sudden with the same Error 101.

Hey sacred7, welcome to the Community.

I'm sure we can help you get this sorted. What have you tried so far?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

i just checked my firewall to see if the program is still allowed. i have also tried checking my security updates for any changes to my computer

its like when i went to check my membership everything was good but when i went to play music via facebook it says i was in offline mode

@sacred7 wrote:

its like when i went to check my membership everything was good but when i went to play music via facebook it says i was in offline mode

Ok, which version of Spotify are you currently running? When did you last try a reinstall?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

ive had the premium for a few months but i tried to reinstall the program a few hours ago

Would it be possible to try logging in over another network? Or a different account on the same network? This would help us determine where the problem lies.

tried to log in under a different user account and it still did not work. i also tried to uninstall and reinstall and it did not work either. now it wont let me log in on spotify. it continues to say error 101 or to change proxy settings.

I am also getting the same error, now it won't even let me log on. I have re-installed, and i have checked my firewall. I have had premium for about 3 weeks now also. Please help..

Hey dashed36, welcome to the Community.

Could you try logging in with your account over a different connection, or with a different account over the same connection? That way we should be able to determine where the problem is.

I am also having the e x a c t same problem.
I don't understand what "Logging in onto a new server" means, or whatever it says.
I've uninstalled and re-installed it a hundred times. I've checked my firewall, and that's not the problem. I tried logging in with a different account but that doesn't help either.
Someone please help, I hate not having my music /: 

I am also having the same problem.  Spotify works fine on my adroid phone but I can no longer log in on my home computer because of this 101 error.  I have checked my firewall....that's not the issue.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled....no change.  I'm not using a proxy server....so that's not it either.  HELP!

ERROR 101>>????!!! i just got a new subscription, and now i cant even logon to the sh*t.. i been using Spotify for sometime now, and this is the first problem i have had, other than known maintenance procedures) wtf?? help me please!!!

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:track:4bz7uB4edifWKJXSDxwHcs" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

I have this problem, too it's been months and months now, longer than I can remember. Spotify has always been allowed through my firewall, but I blocked it and let it through again to no avail.

I have re-installed many many times with no luck, and as far as I know, I'm not running through a proxy.
However, I can log into Spotify through my phone with my account.

Hi,

I am also getting this same error message and have been for the last two/three weeks.  I looked at my firewall options, set Spotify as an allowed program, reinstalled Spotify, still didn't fix it.  Also, my Android phone won't connect.  And I can't connect through other wireless networks either!  Please help, otherwise I'm gonna stop paying for what was once the BEST music service I knew!  Thanks,

Riley

Clubbrb - Very strange! It sounds like you've tried most of the early troubleshooting tips. Has anything drastically changed on either device that might have caused this to happen? Installation of a new application, update to a Anti-Virus program, so on?
Airhorn Enthusiast

I am getting the same issue. I have uninstalled and reinsalled several times.I have checked my fairwall, all is ok and I don't use proxy settings. I also sent a message to Spotify and got no response. So what do I do now?

Salli

Suggested posts