Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error 112

Solved!

Error 112

I installed Spotify but cannot connect. The signin process hangs and I get "error 112" after a while and mentioning a firewall issue.

What ports should be open for Spotify to connect? 

84 Replies

ok just saw that it works for other people too know, so thats probably not the reason

Weird, didn't work this morning either.. but then i tried to select 'no proxy' instead of 'auto detect'. (Don't do this if ur actually behind a proxy ;)) And guess what, 10 secs later the whole thing came online. Might be coincedence as well, but let me know if this works!

Just as I thought,all working fine now,without doing anything other than miss out on 3 days Spotify.Problem at Spottily end,just wish they could acknowledge this in stead of saying everything is fine and its my firewall settings ,total rubbish !

Update!

Word from the devs is that a fix is on the way out for this. So hold on tight and normal service should be resumed shortly.

If you could let us know how things look for you - good or bad - that would be really helpful.

Thanks everyone.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

so does this mean you will be refunding me the 3 days i was without spotify?

Spotify is back here in France.

TY !

It works 🙂 Thank goes out from Germany!

Hello, I followed your instructions and went on the website.. http://www.canyouseeme.org/ but the website Error: I could not see your service on178.98.200.130 on port (80)
Reason: Connection timed out

I'm not sure what to do from here, just want Spotify to work agaaain 😞 please, thanks! x

Hi guys,

We've moved a few bits around our end, so it should be fixed.

If you still receive any errors, just get back to us.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Spotify now working here!

Smiley Happy

I am having the same problem. It's been the same for about a fortnight I've followed all the suggestions from checking my firewalls to removing and reinstalling Spotify. Will it be fixed? Because this is showing up under 'Fixed go to solution' but mine still isn't working after following all the idea including trying through the 'embedded link thingy!!

Unfortunately, I'm not having any success.  Until this morning, I could at least get Spotify to open in Offline Mode.  This morning, however, I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify and now can't even get past the login screen.  😕

Hi tonyknox - We had a temporary issue that was causing this error code a few weeks ago. However, this should be all sorted now. 

It sounds like you're experiencing some connection problems. It's worth checking that Spotify is an exception for all firewall/antivirus software.

Once you've made those exceptions please do a quick clean reinstallation: http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/tech/clean-reinstallation-of-spotify/

Thanks for the prompt response.  It's good that these forums are actually monitored and not just left out there in the wind like other companies do.  I just did a reinstall yesterday, but I believe our IT department may have the port blocked or something.  Sadly, I'm not saavy enough to figure out a way around it, and I don't want to do anything crazy enough to risk my job.  Lol

What drives me crazy is that policy differs from office to office.  I was in Atlanta last week working, and Spotify worked just fine.  When I came back to my normal office in Knoxvile, blocked again.  :o(  Oh well.  Life will go on, but I certainly enjoy Spotify more than Pandora.  Just sayin.'

So every since I have moved back on to campus at the college I attend I haven't been able to launch spotify or connect. Each time I try to restart the program it gives me the 112 message. I'm not sure if I am having issues because of the college's network or if it is suddenly my own firewall...help please!

I certainly wish you the best.  I've not had any luck since getting the error.

Marked as solution

I've been following this thread since the beginning because I was experiencing the same problem at work. I first got code 112 and after trying out diffrent solutions I got code 117. For me spotify works perfectly at home. I am sure the problem for me is that the IT of my company blocked the server, because non of my colleagues is able to log in to spotify at work. For everyone in this thread that who appears to have the same problem, I suggest advising the IT of your company, and if that is cerainly not the problem you might consider starting a new thread cause for my case I'm not going to find any answers in this one.

(Netherlands)

I've been trying to log into spotify all day but i keep getting an error message. I've uninstalled and reinstalled spotify mulitple times and have even restarted my computer. However, when I try to log in, it says "Logging In" but then my computer beeps and I get error 112. I've looked through my firewall settings and but I dont see anything wrong with them. Spotify was working perfectly for me yesterday but today I cant even log in.

Danielblom is correct. It's an issue with IT blocking the port. I knew this going in, but I was hoping someone had a workaround.

I've only read the first two pages of this thread, so I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, yet:

Check the Proxy Settings in Spotify.

I've run into error 112 all of a sudden a few minutes ago. Since everything else could connect to the internet, I thought the proxy referenced in the settings may have crashed. I checked it with Firefox and it actually was the proxy. So I entered another one (we have many proxies in our network) and got it working again.

If you don't have a proxy referenced in the settings, yet, get the required information from one of the browsers installed on the system:
Microsoft Internet Explorer

Mozilla Firefox

Google Chrome

If there is no proxy entered but something called an "automated configuration script" either call your local IT. If neither information is entered, the problem is not the proxy.

Suggested posts