Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error 112

Solved!

Error 112

I installed Spotify but cannot connect. The signin process hangs and I get "error 112" after a while and mentioning a firewall issue.

What ports should be open for Spotify to connect? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

ok, i think I've sorted it.        UNINSTALL SPOTIFY, RESTART PC, REINSTALL SPOTIFY, LOG IN.........EVERTHINGS OK.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Yes but that's already checked actually.

As I said a few messages before: it's officially blocked by my IT.

Not that my IT doesn't want us to be able to listen to music but they just block those ports because they've judged it was necesary to.

Marked as solution

I've been following this thread since the beginning because I was experiencing the same problem at work. I first got code 112 and after trying out diffrent solutions I got code 117. For me spotify works perfectly at home. I am sure the problem for me is that the IT of my company blocked the server, because non of my colleagues is able to log in to spotify at work. For everyone in this thread that who appears to have the same problem, I suggest advising the IT of your company, and if that is cerainly not the problem you might consider starting a new thread cause for my case I'm not going to find any answers in this one.

(Netherlands)

84 Replies

having the same problem....

Hey guys, error 112 is one of our connection problems. So it's worth checking your firewall/antivirus software and so on.

Since you asked for the ports, here's the info:
78.31.8.0/21
193.182.8.0/21

The following ports will provide a more restricted flow:

78.31.8.0/24
78.31.12.0/24
193.182.8.0/24

At least, I think that's right. Let me know how you get on with those.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Great... but how to convince my IT to open these ports? We're not in a dictatorial company so they don't mind we're listening to music here but I guess they did it for safety purpose or whatever else quirky stuffs.

I'm living in Germany and I also know the official authority regulating the royalties are very feared (it's called GEMA), I think you should really mention on your German website that spotify is legal and approved by GEMA authorities.

Cheers!

Hey so I discovered my solution to this issue almost by accident! I had basicly given up on spotify after this (thread) message initaly poped up, its been a few weeks since I last used the desktop software after uninstalling due to the proxy 112 error. I tried everything in this post as well as many others and did a clean instal multiple times with no different results, just sadness. But then one day after giving up on it, I stumbled onto a spotify playlist embeded into a website, you know the ones that ask you if you have spotify if you click them (At this point i had the app uninstalled for a few weeks). Just for the hell of it i clicked it and it launched an in browser spotify instaltion routine which when completed opened and actualy launched the app with my profile signed in. No more error! I was pretty suprised and its been a few days now with no issues! I hope this could help the hopeless like mysef!

PS:  A strange thing to note is using this instalation method it made me go through the EULA popup again, dunno why.

I'm having firewall issues and this is getting aggrivating.....

keep getting error 112, connection lost. i have turned off the windows firewall and my virgin media firewall and still it's the same.

Any ideas please as its been a few weeks, i'm paying a subscription and not getting the service.

Marked as solution

ok, i think I've sorted it.        UNINSTALL SPOTIFY, RESTART PC, REINSTALL SPOTIFY, LOG IN.........EVERTHINGS OK.

FOR A WHILE...................................JUST CRASHED AGAIN!!!!!!

Any link to one of that embedded playlist would be very much appreciated! 🙂

Which can't really be consider as a solution for that topic right?!

@tbop wrote:

Any link to one of that embedded playlist would be very much appreciated! 🙂

It's worth a go..

Any good?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Thanks! .... but I'm afraid it doesn't work for me unfortunately.... Which would have been odd anyway because I don't really get how would that get it working.

PS: I'm running on Mac OS X Lion

Well often going through a play button will 'force' the login. I'd next try a Facebook play button like https://www.facebook.com/music/song/Midnight-City/10150325009403704

If that doesn't help contact us through our contact form and we'll help you out directly via email.

Doesn't work neither. No need to personal assistance I think so, the problem is a well-known, my IT doesn't open those ports for safety purpose therefore there are no ways to get on Spotify.... That's all?

It might just be that then, are you able to access Spotify without problems when outside of work/at home? That would settle it.

Marked as solution

Yes but that's already checked actually.

As I said a few messages before: it's officially blocked by my IT.

Not that my IT doesn't want us to be able to listen to music but they just block those ports because they've judged it was necesary to.

Well for now there's not much we can do in that case. But I'll see what we can do.

I guess having finally a web-app version of Spotify or being able to get on the HTTP port 80 would fix this issue... but Iat the same time guess those latter ones are not implemented by purpose.

I have checked my firewall system and allowed Spotify in and my antivirus too but what is with the ports? What are they and where do I put the codes? Whenever error 112 comes up, It gives me an option to change the proxy settings, I'm not at all sure what I'm doing to be honest but I just want to listen to music again 😞 before It was saying I was offline all the time and then I uninstalled it and then reinstalled, in hope It would go and sort itself out only to find it made matters worse! 😞

Suggested posts