Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error 112

Solved!

Error 112

I installed Spotify but cannot connect. The signin process hangs and I get "error 112" after a while and mentioning a firewall issue.

What ports should be open for Spotify to connect? 

84 Replies

Try popping over to http://www.canyouseeme.org/ and seeing if port 4070 is open or not.

If it's not, just let us know the make/model of your router and we'll try to dig up some instructions for you.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I've got the same problem today.. like 9 hours ago i listened to spotify. Then i put my computer in sleepmode with spotify open but not playing ofcourse. When i got back (about 4 hours ago) it didn't connect anymore. So i tried everything i could try and still no good. Now i have tried to go to the site to check my ports (4070, 80) but everytime i get this: Error: I could not see your service on 82.73.37.24 on port (4070)
Reason: Connection timed out

I got this problem yesterday. at first i manged to log on 1 time but them it disconnected me again. now i havent been logged in for 2 days 😞  NORWAY

Got the same problem here. Spotify tells me I'm offline, but I'm not, deinstalled it, reinstalled it, still doesn't work. My firewall has nothing to do with it. Also Germany.

Same problem here, also from germany. It worked for weeks nothing happened and i can't connect. Reinstalled a few times but still nothing changed.

Same problem in France tonight !

Spotify went into offline mode and whe I tried to reinstall I got error 112. I have tried everything in this thread and nothing works. It says port 4070 is unable to connect and has timed out. What can I do to fix this? 

Earlier tonight (in the Netherlands), I saw Spotify had an update for me, so i clicked it and restarted it and then the offline issue started... it kept going from online to offline frequently... and it gave me error numbers that indicated it's my firewall... I check my firewall settings and it says Spotify is allowed... so, then I decide to follow the instructions for a clean reinstallation, restarting pc aswell and all... after the installation, I tried signing in... and it keeps giving me the error that it's still my firewall settings or to try and change my proxy settings... seeing how this issue is common among people from other countries aswell atm, I seriously doubt the problem is on our end... so please Spotify, look into w/e is causing this~!!

It just started working again. A wizard must have done it or something.

Now I have error 102. Solution, re-install spotify. Which I have done 4 times now.

Now telling me Error 117 😕

Heh, I saw your post, so I went to try to sign in again and yesh indeedly, a wizard has fixed it 😄 ...for now o.o'' *keeps an eye out*

Yup, I'm getting error 117 now too after seemingly singing in... there is still something amiss 😞

I'm signed in atm, but my status remains on offline once more... Spotify, please please please please look into w/e is going on, yesh I'm starting to beg, cos seeing how many people are dealing with this problem, it seriously cannot be that the problem lies with us

I got Error 102 now, had 117 and 112 earlier this evening, still not connected. HELP

Getting error 117 after an update tonight as well. Tried a clean reinstallation with no luck.

Error 117 theoretically indicates that Spotify is not allowed by the firewall, but the problem persists even with no firewall activated.

Considering that I am not the only one getting this after tonight's update, I would say it is likely some sort of problem on Spotify's side and we will have to wait for them to fix it.

same problem here i removed spotify and reinstalled it. Added spotify to windows Firewall. Spotify is not running on another device but i still can get on line. I have a premium account , i don't know what the problem is.

Now when I try to open spotify I have this message "Spotify semble avoir des difficultés techniques."

Spotify seems to have technical problems ... Yes it seems !!!

Same problem here I tried to desinstall reinstall delete and then add again the exception to the firefwall.

I even tried to deactivate the firewall + antivirus but nothing seems to do anything.

Hope this problem will get fixed soon.

Edit : I did nothing but it works again now... don't know why

Error 117. i uninstalled it ,it refused to let me log in.then i got logged in from my playlist on facebook,but im still getting offline mode with the same error...Please fix this??

Suggested posts