Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error 112

Solved!

Error 112

I installed Spotify but cannot connect. The signin process hangs and I get "error 112" after a while and mentioning a firewall issue.

What ports should be open for Spotify to connect? 

84 Replies

Same problem, can't connect. Spotify is allowed by firewall. From Germany...

Hi

I have the same problem, and i dont have firewall activated.

From denmark.

Have exactly the same problem. Error 112 offline, when I'm not.

Tried uninstalling and uploaded a clean re-install, but same issue.

Used spotify for years....now this.....unimpressed!

same here!

I tried to install spotify today as I stumbled this page and wanted to see if it was any good at generating decent playlists

http://www.spotalike.com/

However, after 3 hours of repeatedly installing the software and rebooting, checking firewall, etc I have now decided that I cannot be arsed anymore.  I'll just stick to last.fm

this is my first experience with spotify and i dont know if all the problems realting to this 112 error are caused by a recent change to the service, over subscription or what but it is definitely not being cause by windows firewall or my antivirus.  Im an IT professional and i've never known a mainstream, popular peice of software like this be so problematic.

CunningStunt:  Im an IT professional and i've never known a mainstream, popular peice of software like this be so problematic.

Well... that latter one was a tad exagerated no?

I just hope for myself that they'll soon or later switch to a web-app solution and all those in-company tiny firewall issues will then be casted away.

Yesterday, at one point, there was a Spotify maint going on and it worked properly again without a fuss after that maint was done...

Yet when logging in today, it's back to where we were yesterday 😕 Spotify, stop saying we need to check our firewall settings, cos it's still telling me all systems are GO~!!

Yours however, isn't 😞

well maybe a slight exageration, but for a well established service like spotify, which many of my friends have been using for a long time, I was kind of expecting it to just work.  the annoying thing is the 'oh error 112? that must be your firewall' support answer.  the problem is obviously not at the client side.

Is anyone getting any feedback from Spotify on this issue that I also share ?

Here it is the same. Two days ago, I can log-in, and now I can't 😞

Having the same issue - was fine yesterday - not working at all today.

Have uninstalled & reinstalled.

Have removed and re-added firewall rules

Have turned firewall off completely

Have changed facebook password and retried

Have set proxy to none

Have had a few partial successes in that it launches Spotify eventually - but then get a connection error within the app and haven't been able to run it all day.

Have logged a call via email - but still no response - yet Spotify website states all services up and the twitter feed has not acknowledged any issues.

Don't mind if there is an issue (which it very much looks to be the case) - just need some acknowledgement of the issue and updates on progress - bit of customer service really.

Hi everyone - I can assure you we're busy looking into this. We'll be posting updates in the Community just as soon as we can. 

In the meantime it's worth also keep an eye on this similar thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/keeps-on-going-offline-Error-Code-102-112-117-etc/td...

Just had a respnse from support.

just opened up 78.31.8.0/21 & 193.182.8.0/21 on FW.

App now goes past initial log on screen - but still get 112 error in the application itself - and still in offline mode.

So not a fix.  Have gone back to support.  Will post more info when known.

Same problem from The Netherlands, since today.

ISP: UPC

Error: 112

Really Annoying.. Spotify Mobile works fine by the way, on WiFi with the same ISP.. (?)

Firewall exceptions are OK

Same in Spain. I guess It will be resolved soon.

Mine is playing since an hour or so... pff hopefully it lasts

Same problem tonight, I don't know what annoys me the most :

paying for that or the total lack of support !

It has been working on and off for me today, right now I am getting error 117 again 😞

@AlainMarty - Total lack of support? Are you kidding? A few posts above yours is a Spotify employee saying that they're working on it.

Ok, i dont know, if it helps somebody or somebody discovered it before me but i just found out, that at my home spotify doesnt work at all, all this error thing and so. But at my friends home with a different internet provider spotify is running perfectly. I dont know, what that means but maybe somebody else does. PS: Im from germany and its Kabel Deutschland, where it isnt runing and Telekom, where it does.

Suggested posts