Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Error 412 & 404 on Spotify- Can't log in with usual account!

Error 412 & 404 on Spotify- Can't log in with usual account!

‎2012-09-21 02:22 AM

For three days now Spotify hasn't been letting me log in.  At first it started with being in offline mode (even with working internet) whenever I did log in, and then after I signed out while trying to fix the problem, it completely booted me.  I keep getting error codes 404 and 412, but no one else I know is having a problem at all.

Today I found out that if I use a different Facebook account to sign in, it works completely fine!  I don't understand this at all, and when I did some research it said to change my Facebook password and retry, so I did.  It didn't work.  I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and messed with my firewall so much, I honestly don't believe it's a computer problem on my behalf.  But I want to use MY Facebook and get access to my playlists and so on, so if anyone knows how to help me fix this problem, it'd be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

8 Replies

Re: Error 412 & 404 on Spotify- Can't log in with usual account!

‎2012-09-21 01:20 PM

im having the same problem. if says its in offline mode but it realy isn't.  IDK how to fix it:-(

Community Manager
Community Manager
‎2012-09-21 01:48 PM

EmGa, can you try using your Facebook login on a different computer, on a different network?

Community Ergo Sum

Casual Listener
‎2012-09-21 03:37 PM

I'm having the exact same problem.... soooo frustrating!!

Regular
‎2012-09-21 07:34 PM

I was having the exact problem across multiple windows computers at work and a Mac at home. After a bunch of reinstalls that didn't work I finally just said *&^% it and uninstalled spotify AND got rid of the app off of Facebook.

For whatever reason, after reinstalling Spotify a few days later, everything seems to work now. Maybe uninstalling the Facebook app and starting the installation + sign in process from scratch is what worked. All of my starred tracks, and Spotify Apps were still intact.

Edited
Regular
‎2012-11-19 05:00 PM

Gotta say, there's some completely shoddy work going on here - I get this problem every few weeks, changing log in, networks and anything else I can think of never seems to work. Every now and then uninstalling completely and reinstalling seems to work, though only temporarilty. Bad service, for which I pay a tenner a month. And never any help whatsoever from Spotify's team. 

Community Manager
Community Manager
‎2012-11-22 03:12 PM

Was speaking with some colleagues and they mentioned other users with a similar issue; not being able to log in using your Facebook details on Windows.

Apparently this solved it for most:

Go to Facebook and click the Play button in your feed (i.e. all the way on the right, where it says what your friends are listening to)

Alternatively you can also go to this page and click a song there.

https://www.facebook.com/<insert your pfoile name here>/music

Community Ergo Sum

‎2014-02-04 10:56 PM

My name is wilma mounts i have account with you all i cannot get loag into my spotify i loag into any other accounts but spotify.

I wish you all would slove this issure becouse i had to have to cancel my spotify i have to compures one is a desktop the other is a labtop.

It is brand new and i have done verise on my labtop ,up dates i have had this spotify every since you all have had it out i hope you can solve

this problem.

wilma mounts

Joe
Community Legend
‎2014-02-04 10:59 PM

Hi. Does Per's post above work for you?

SUGGESTED POSTS