Error Code; 14

Solved!
1 person liked this

Error Code; 14

Music Fan
‎2012-03-06 05:28 PM

When i run spotify it stays in offline mode and then starts the spotify installer even though i have already installed the application on my laptop. eventually the installer either gives me the error message above, or it just continues installing without ever coming to an end. HELP

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
17 people liked this

Re: Error Code; 14

Edited
Music Lover
‎2013-03-06 03:10 AM

For windows 7 and 8 :

TRY to have it Auto Update and get ERROR 14

PRESS  Windows logo key Picture of the Windows logo key+R

TYPE msconfig

CLICK OK

UNCHECK Load startup items

CLICK Apply

RESTART Computer

GO TO FOLDER    C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Spotify

%%-------where [USER] is the account name you used to log into your computer---------%%

RUN    Spotify_new.exe

and it should UPDATE  Seamlessly

PEOPLE have been upset with Version 0.8.8 go here if you wan to know why 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Horrible-update-0-8-8/m-p/314710#M34467

I have updated to version 0.8.8.348.ge445f5b9 but I do not know if any issues have been fixed

2 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2013-10-08 08:00 PM

I solved my problem.

Just open spotify.com and download sportify again. After problem will appear again don't worry just close all apps related with spotify and go C:\Users\**username***\AppData\Roaming\Spotify and you will see spotify_new.exe and open it with admin 
and done!

34 Replies
1 person liked this

Agent
‎2012-03-06 06:50 PM

Have you tried a clean reinstallation of Spotify? Or running Spotify in compatibility mode?

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!

Gig Goer
‎2012-03-10 06:43 AM

Have this error too, Its popping up after downloading the auto-upgrade. It appears that mid upgrade, the old spotify.exe gets locked by windows itself (running trigger) and so the spotify_new.exe cant take its place, Causing (in my system, at least) the error 14 stop, It cancels the upgrade, and spotify works fine till I restart it where the process repeats itself.

(Have had this error before too, Can confirm that full reinstall fixes the issue, But annoying nonetheless...)

Edited
Spotify Legend
‎2012-03-10 11:07 AM

It sounds like the old version of Spotify is causing issues when updating - But a clean reinstallation seems to work fine, you say?

Airhorn Enthusiast
2 people liked this

Edited
Music Fan
‎2012-10-24 06:11 PM

Windows 7 64 bit. I have the same error.  

1. Used "Add or Remove Programs" to uninstalled spotify
  2. Deleted the folder C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Spotify and restarted the computer.
  3. Rebooted the computer
  4. Went to spotify.com and downloaded the latest installer
  5. Ran the latest installer
  6. Spotify started, but said to restart to get the latest version.
  7. Restarted Spotify
  8. Error 14
  9. Canceled the install
  10. Tried to run spotify, no response
  11. Tried to run spotify again, pop up saying spotify crashed

Repeated steps 1 through 11  twice now.  Spotify is bonked.  Any tips?

I'm paying for premium but won't for much longer if I can't use Spotify.

Gig Goer
‎2012-10-24 06:15 PM
@David I can at least say a full uninstall, then running a full sweep with CCleaner after reboot fixed the error for me. (Also just used the standard web installer to reinstall)
1 person liked this

Concert VIP
‎2012-10-24 08:02 PM

None of the above fixes has worked for me. 

Under Windows 7 64-bit: I uninstalled Spotify, wiped ~AppData/Roaming/Spotify, ran ccleaner, rebooted, reinstalled etc.

I  still get Error code 14 when Spotify tries to update....

Another question I  have is when I install Spotify, it downloads (what I would hope is) the latest version. Why does update need to run after that???

My Spotify version is 0.8.14.124.ga3559d86.

Help!

1 person liked this

Music Fan
‎2012-10-25 10:02 PM

I have the same problem, I downloaded the setup file and made a clean installation, running the program it asks to update (even though I just installed, what the f***), then I get error code 14. Spotify needs to learn from Google Chrome how to do updates: COMPLETELY silently in the background without any user interaction.

Concert VIP
‎2012-10-30 08:25 PM

My problem has been fixed. I downloaded a new image that is now on the website. It has a file size

of 19,206 kB -- the previous image was smaller. I repeated the steps I performed earlier and the

process went smoothly.

The version installed is: 0.8.5.1333.g822e0de8. No problems with update running after install. All

seems to be well. Yeay!

Jem

17 people liked this

Edited
Music Lover
‎2013-03-06 03:10 AM

For windows 7 and 8 :

TRY to have it Auto Update and get ERROR 14

PRESS  Windows logo key Picture of the Windows logo key+R

TYPE msconfig

CLICK OK

UNCHECK Load startup items

CLICK Apply

RESTART Computer

GO TO FOLDER    C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Spotify

%%-------where [USER] is the account name you used to log into your computer---------%%

RUN    Spotify_new.exe

and it should UPDATE  Seamlessly

PEOPLE have been upset with Version 0.8.8 go here if you wan to know why 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Horrible-update-0-8-8/m-p/314710#M34467

I have updated to version 0.8.8.348.ge445f5b9 but I do not know if any issues have been fixed

SUGGESTED POSTS