Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error Code 2

Solved!

Error Code 2

Hi all,

I got error code 2 when updating to latest update. I followed the instructions but get the same notice. I have tried to uninstall to reinstall and it did not work. I am running windows 7.

Spoiler
Untitled.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jfunk100,

You can try to install Spotify via the full installer and see if the issue persists. 

If you run into problems, let me know : )

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

For those behind a company firewall. Even though it had been working, it stopped. Trying to set proxy settings didnt help - autodetect not working, HTTP not working. I downloaded FULL version: http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe

THEN I was able to choose HTTPS proxy, filled it out, login sucessfull - BUT I lost all my playlists :(.

I will try again with facebook login and maybe get them back idk. but for now - i hear music again!

View solution in original post

47 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @jfunk100,

You can try to install Spotify via the full installer and see if the issue persists. 

If you run into problems, let me know : )

I am having the same issue after doing the full install version. Also, when I try to click "settings" to maybe enter the autoproxy for my work, I get virtually nothing. Like, settings is just there for looks. You can't click it. 

spotify_snip.JPG

Same issue here... This sucks, I will have to use some other crappy music player to get music at work.

Please fix this!!! :C

Capture.PNG

The solution Dreadlord posted solved my problem! Thanks 🙂

Hey Dreadlord,

I'm having the same issue, tried this option, but the "Logging in..." screen is all that yields (without moving/progressing).  Any other suggestions?  Would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

When attempting to signon I also was receiving error code 2 so I went with the full installer method, but now "Logging in..." just keeps spinning and never goes anywhere.

Any other options?

Same issue here (behind a proxy)

2015-12-28_10-52-08.png

THANK YOU!!!! I've been trying to install Spotify on my pc for months!

Having issues still after using full installer link you provided. Just spools on "signing in....." 

Please let me know if there are any other solutions.

At first I got this issue (Error code 2).

After installing the full version and trying to loggin again I get the message below...

2016-01-22 18_45_40-Todos os Itens do Outlook - hiran.amorim@totvs.com.br - Outlook.png

Same problem using Windows 7 on a PC.  There was a period when I could solve it by reinstalling an ealier version of Spotify each time an update had been downloaded without a request (an irritating process, when earlier versions had worked fine for years and I had no wish to update).  Now that solution does not seem to work either.

I gave up after many re-installation attempts and have been using the web-based version of Spotify.  Not so good for a premium subscriber to have to do this, and am now suddenly getting adverts.

I suspect this problem has something to do with the firewall that I use (IOLO System Mechanic Professional) but this has been going on for months and a fix should have ben found by now.  Have just tried uninstallung and reinstallng the latest version of Spotify but still get Error Code 2 and a message that the service is 'temporarily unavailable' please try later.  This has not been a temporary problem and I will regretfully end my subscription if no solution is found.

Having exactly the same issue - has been working fine for months. Tried re-installing/restarting and still no luck. I am a premium member also. Are there any solutions to this that haven't already been mentioned - tried them all and none of them have worked for me.

I originally had Error 4, which would make my Spotify on my computer act as if it was offline although I was perfectly connected to a network. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and now with the upgraded version I receive Error 2. I had the premium membership, but have since cancelled since I can't even access the tool Very disappointing!

I have the exact same situation as Moulinnuge:

"I originally had Error 4, which would make my Spotify on my computer act as if it was offline although I was perfectly connected to a network. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and now with the upgraded version I receive Error 2."

Please provide technical support.  It's hard justifying paying for a premium account if I can't even use it.

Txs! Problem solved! 😄

Capture.PNG

same problem for me.  I have got Premium and now, impossible to play it

and i have lost all my precedent playlists

I have the exact same problem. Sometimes when I tr to login with Facebook I also get an error 7.
Marked as solution

For those behind a company firewall. Even though it had been working, it stopped. Trying to set proxy settings didnt help - autodetect not working, HTTP not working. I downloaded FULL version: http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe

THEN I was able to choose HTTPS proxy, filled it out, login sucessfull - BUT I lost all my playlists :(.

I will try again with facebook login and maybe get them back idk. but for now - i hear music again!

@geminn wrote:

I was trying to test the solution Geminn presented for us and for my surprise the program simply worked. Didnt do anything different from before. Maybe they released something differente in this patch.

After using it for some time program updated automatically and the problem was solved with the Geminn solution. To find out your proxy info I went to Start > Control Panel > Internet > Internet Options > Tab Conections > Lan Configuration. In "Proxy Server" you can find the info to set the in Spotify (proxy / door).

Suggested posts