Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error Code 2

Solved!

Error Code 2

Hi all,

I got error code 2 when updating to latest update. I followed the instructions but get the same notice. I have tried to uninstall to reinstall and it did not work. I am running windows 7.

Spoiler
Untitled.jpg

47 Replies

Yep we could do that. But that is only a workaround and not a solution...

Hey all! The same Error code 2 here and proxy connection at work. I've tried everything above for the standalone app and nothing works. Web player almost works in Chrome browser only. I can browse the library and my own playlist, pictures are downloaded, everything seems to work just fine, except one small thing - I CAN'T PRESS THE "PLAY" BUTTON!!! :)))))))) 

I have same problem i have downloaded again like 10 times updates and others done im running windows 10 once i moved another countr last week i have started take this error code i dont know how to handle this. im planning to cancel my premmium membership in case i cant solve this problem. 

Hi all,

this is not even solved even after a year an a half later. I am a premium customer but not being able to fix this kind of bug it is unbeleivable.

Please address it to the developers and have it fixed ASAP for real.

KR,

Sara

Are you still with these problems? I have solved this easily by informing the proxy and local login in the configuration options.

Hi DreadLord,

I did the full installation but still encounter an error but receive a firewall error.

Any solution on this?

Thank you.

I had the same problem and I cannot use web player on work PC, because we are forced here to use IE11. Following suggested solutions here, I installed full version of the player and had to change settings for the HTTPS proxy server. I have no idea what is a proxy server and that was my main issue. In order to find out, which proxy name to use, I went to my company's internal website and searched "which proxy should I use" in the forum. There I found a post, where IT listed all proxy names and ports and in which situation each of them should be used. Finally, I have my music back!

And to Spotify, I would suggest to take into account, that a huge amount of their users listen mucis at the work place, where they are forced into IE, firewalls etc. Please, don't make it hard on us, because access to music at work is the only reason many of us pay for subscription.

Hi,

It is actually quite simple! Go to settings at the bottom of the login page. 

Then change the drop down menu on the right hand side to "no proxy".

My account is running fine now.

Good luck!

Suggested posts