Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error Code -7

Solved!

Error Code -7

I cannot get my internet to connect with Spotify. When I open the program it presents a loading screen and then goes to black with the message: 

Spotify failed to load application content (error code -7). Please verify that you have an internet connection and try again.

My internet is functional and I can load webpages, but it will not connect to the program. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this problem, including:

• Restarting the computer
  • Disconnecting the Wi-Fi and reconnecting
  • Uninstalling Spotify and reinstalling
  • Running the program as an Administrator

None of these have worked and I continue to get the same message. I can't even find an instance of someone else receiving this error code, which is why I decided to ask for help here. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

67 Replies

Still trying to log in, it just shows me that it's offline, same thing on my iphone. I texted a friend to see if it works for him and it does. I allready deactivated firewall and restarted my pc & the router nothing works, why do i even pay for this srsly...

Hi, what would this be for windows?

Almost same issue here, had premium that ran out then instead of my name i just had my id, then i started a spotify premium for family and i still had id so i contacted support about the id instead of name, somehow i ended up logging out and now i cant log back in... just beacuse i wanted to fix the id thing.

It wont let me login and eventually i get the error code 7.

Ive tried differnt proxy and turning of the firewall

spotify has so little interest in supporting customers.

forget it.

switch to Apple Music. 

It actually works AND is supported.

Thanks, just clean coockies solve my problem.

Well, I don't know if your problem has been solved or if this will be helpful in any way, but in my case, I am connecting under a proxy server. Once I have configured proxy settings properly, Spotify has started working again.

Quit Spotify

Uninstall  Spotify,

then  go to Spotify.com & download,

then latest version of Spotify

Install it, then run it & should be able to log in.

I had an error code 7 (looging in using email id) for about 3 mos on my computer at work, which your view --> accelerator  solution solved (thank you!). I got an error code 2 after that, which was solved by a new install. I've been stuck listening to youtube for 3 months and now it finally works again, thanks!

Suggested posts