Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Find Current Playlist

Solved!

Find Current Playlist

Hi There. I'm listening to a playlist that I found in the 'Browse' section that I reallly like. The issue is, I can't find the current playlist that is playing. I can find the individual songs, but can't figure out how to get back to the playlist itself. Any tips here? 

51 Replies

As usual, strange and odd behaviour and totally different depending on platform.

I started a playlist on my laptop from "Start" yesterday, one of the playlist recommended for the moment (music for the afternoon or whatever). So today I wanted to know which playlist I chose, since it of course has been replaced on the start page since yesterday. When clicking on the album cover takes me to "Start" and when looking at the top of the queue is states "Playing from: Start".  Useless, how hard can it be to display my current playlist?

Ohh I know, I grab my Android phone, start the app, and chooes "continue playing from XXX" (Spotify Connect), and look and behold, in the play window, just above the album art, it clearly states that I'm playing a song from "Creative Day at Work by Spotify". So my Android app clearly knows which playlist my laptop is playing..... 

Actually trying this out again today I belive the solution does work.  When I click in the grey area under the album art next to the title, it changes the browse window to the "subgenre" or category where the current playing playlist is located.  There is a little speaker icon on the cover of the current playing playlist.  

If you are already viewing the subgenre that contains the current playlist, then nothing happens.  If the subgenre has a ton of playlists, then it can be hard to find the cover with the little speaker icon on it.  This also works for me after restarting Spotify.  "Truly Motivated" is the playlist that is curretly playing in the attached screenshot.

Screenshot 2015-02-04 15.03.20.png
Marked as solution

After last update, "Current playlist" doesn't appear in main menu.

If you click on little album's snapshot (at lower left corner) you will acces to current play list and history (see attached image)

**Using spotify on Windows 8. Version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd

NuevaVersionSpoty .png

This solution doesn't seem to work anymore. Right clicking an empty area of the box does nothing. Right clicking the arist name, song title and artwork also lacks a "Go To" option

Desktop 1.0.4.90.g0b6df40b

Marked as solution

Hover over the small alburm art and click small arrow that pops up  and it will expand showing larger album art for the current song. Click on the album art itself and it will load the current playlist.

That is *NOT* a solution.

Spotify needs to include a shortcut to "Show currently playing song in it's playlist context".

Clicking your mouse is NOT a shortcut.

Have a look at iTunes' <CMD+L> this is not an obscure reference, it is a well established music player convention.

Is there no developer at spotify who uses keyboard shortcuts?

Who in this organisation is blocking this simple feature?

What office politics are we missing that , after all this time, this is till not implemented?

The original question was how to find the playlist of a song after you've browsed away from the playlist. The method I provided accomplishes that task.  Your comments are related to a feature request and should be posted as such. 

I'm not a developer, I use spotify occasionally, but I found a playlist I really liked and wanted to find out its name and save it. This method allowed me to do what I needed.

A challenge to your request. How do you show the playlist from a song you've played that's in multiple playlists?

JULY 2015 -- NO answer here... HOW IN THE WORLD CAN  a listener find out which playlist he is totally enjoying the hell out of a couple hours after grooving to it, realizing it is just awesome? When  one goes back to the Spotify screen where one song at a time as it's playing is listed, but if you just cannot recall which playlist you originally tapped into - THERE IS NO WAY OF KNOWING!! Man, this is POOR!! HELP us PLEASE!!

CLOSE TO A PARTIAL SOLUTION -- I finally found that if one clicks on the picture of the artist's song artwork/cover - it will take you to the "PLAY QUEUE." .... BUT, there is still no label or marking there of any type to let you know which PLAYLIST that PlayQueue came from. I guess if one goes in and out of all the PlayLists you think you might have chosen, then finally the correct one can be found.

When you see a 2 years old thread about a bug that has NOT been addressed in anyway by Spotfy, that is when you know  the new Apple Music has a big chance to succeed.. 

Holy smokes that WORKS! Thanks SO MUCH 🙂

This was the only solution that worked for me! Thank you. 🙂

God bless you. I was about to go insane. 

The RIGHT Solution
THX VERY MUCH

This has to win a prize for one of the worst UX navigation flows for a major product - got to be in the top 10 most unintuitive user flows for a primary product function right?

It's hard to miss more badly than this in UX design.

Clicking on the artwork does the trick 🙂

That works on the Desktop Client, does anybody know how to do the same on the IOS client?  There is no "Album Artwork" on mobile clients.

Thank you, exactly what I needed 🙂

This doesn't make any sense, but it's the correct answer.

If you look at the top section of the player you'll see a header called "Playing from..."

If you tap on that section you'll be taken to the playlist, album, chart that you're playing from.

Suggested posts