Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Find Current Playlist

Solved!

Find Current Playlist

Hi There. I'm listening to a playlist that I found in the 'Browse' section that I reallly like. The issue is, I can't find the current playlist that is playing. I can find the individual songs, but can't figure out how to get back to the playlist itself. Any tips here? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I was having the same problem and I got it! In the lower left corner, click in the box that shows the current song playing. BUT you must click in an empty area of the box. Don't click on the album artwork, song name or song title. 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I don't know if this was fixed in a recent update, but there appears to be a working solution now, even for users who exited spotify mid-playlist and continued playback after reopening spotify.

The Play Queue (located through the left-hand sidebar menu, under "Messages") now shows "Playing from __playlistname___ by ___playlistauthor__" near the top of the view. Clicking on the playlist name will take you back to the playlist the song was playing from.

Hope that helps anyone browsing this old thread looking for answers!

Marked as solution

After last update, "Current playlist" doesn't appear in main menu.

If you click on little album's snapshot (at lower left corner) you will acces to current play list and history (see attached image)

**Using spotify on Windows 8. Version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd

NuevaVersionSpoty .png
Marked as solution

Hover over the small alburm art and click small arrow that pops up  and it will expand showing larger album art for the current song. Click on the album art itself and it will load the current playlist.

51 Replies

Unless you can get to the playlist by hitting the back button in the desktop client, I think you're out of luck.

If you click on the album artwork in the bottom left corner of the client does that not take you back to the playlist page?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It takes me to whatever album that song is from, not the playlist. 

If you started play from a playlist, you should be able to get back to it by repeatedly hitting the back button.

I've found the same problem... saw a playlist at the top of the browse section, and clicked on the play button.

I ended up liking the playlist, and want to follow it.... but how??? The playlist is no longer listed at the top of the browse section (it's a time of day based thing??). The back button doesn't work, as there's nothing to go back to (I clicked on that play button as my first action after logging in).

I can't remember the exact name of the playlist so searching doesn't help. There should be link to the name of hte playlist somwhere so we can follow it.... but does it exist?

Hi! If you're still listening to a track in the playlist you should be brought back to the context you started playing from if you click on the cover art, located above the player. 

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion but I tried clicking on the cover art and it doesn't work.. the play list has disappeared from the browse page and the cover art doesn't seem to do anything.

I tried going to Play Queue> then click on "Spotify" (since it was a Spotify created playlist).. it took me to the spotify playlist page but it only shows the top 50 playlists... and this playlist isn't always in the top50!

I'm running desktop client 0.9.8.296.g91f68827

Marked as solution

I was having the same problem and I got it! In the lower left corner, click in the box that shows the current song playing. BUT you must click in an empty area of the box. Don't click on the album artwork, song name or song title. 🙂

It's also worth pointing out, the "click to go to" doesn't work if you have restarted Spotify since you started playback from the location you want to return too.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@indiekid Yes!! that's it!

Thanks for figuring that one out! Clicking on the gray area next to the song name, below the cover art takes me back to the play list.. 

@user-removed wrote:

Actually this feature is flawed, if you ask me at least. Clicking on a playlist/album cover playbutton, in browse or your public playlists page for example (or anywhere where you'll find lists of playlist/album covers really), and later clicking in the song box area (bottom left) will navigate you to the page where you clicked the play button and not the playlist itself. Not the best software behaviour if you wanna find this playlist again after navigating around for a bit.

MY PLAYLISTS
Transcend - The biggest, most uplifting and euphoric trance tunes. Updated regularly.
Progressive trance | big room, edm | dubstep, elecro, dnb | soundtrack, orchestrated | new age | pop | and more...

Spotify now shows the current playlist as wel on the top of the Play Queue, which is very nice, but this problem still exists. The problem is that I started a playlist from the Browse page and spotify says: 'Playing from: Browse'. The Browse page had now changed it's contents with other playlists, so i can't find my current playlist!

Thank You Sir! 

This is how I discovered my current playlist...

Go Play Queue to find a few tracks in the playlist;

Google it..."{Tracks} + Spotify Playlist";

Done...

This has bugged me as well. Thanks for the suggested workarounds.

To add another workaround if you can't find that lovely playlist anymore but you're still listening to it: save the tracks to a playlist of your own from the Play Queue.

But I agree these are all half-baked solutions for the fact that a good working feature is lacking. Spotify, please fix this. Make an option to open the playlist that's currently playing that works in any situation, i.e. when I opened the playlist "Some Nice New Tracks" through Browse, always allow me to go back to that playlist so I can follow it.

You are the bomb.  This was the bane of my existence

Marked as solution

I don't know if this was fixed in a recent update, but there appears to be a working solution now, even for users who exited spotify mid-playlist and continued playback after reopening spotify.

The Play Queue (located through the left-hand sidebar menu, under "Messages") now shows "Playing from __playlistname___ by ___playlistauthor__" near the top of the view. Clicking on the playlist name will take you back to the playlist the song was playing from.

Hope that helps anyone browsing this old thread looking for answers!

This does not see to work For me on the Mac client v0.9.15.27.g87efe634. Clicking on the area described does nothing.

There is still a loophole, as explained in my previous post. When you start a playlist from the "Browse" page by clicking on the large play button on the album art, the Play Queue will actually state: "Playing from: Browse". The same goes for when you select a genre and select a playlist there. 

The only workaround is to allways open a playlist first and then select the first (or another) song.

Suggested posts