Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help- Icon not showing

Solved!

Help- Icon not showing

For some reason my icon for spotfiy shows up as just a blank piece of paper  instead of the normal logo and I don't know how to get it back so that the spotify logo appears. I never had a problem before but I got a new computer and now no matter how many times I reinstall spotify, it keeps showing up as a blank page icon. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey,

1. I was experiencing a missing taskbar icon for Spotify
  2. I tried the method mentioned above by dougtib, only to find the Spotify.exe in that folder was a white page.
  3. I then realized I was in the microsoft\windows\Start Menu\Programs folder
  4. The Spotify.exe I was directed to was a shortcut (d,oh).
  5. Rightclick on Spotify.exe in Start Menu\Programs folder.
  6. Select 'Open File Location'
  7. In my case, this lead me to the correct folder location, and the Spotify.exe here had the appropriate icon.
  8. I then Rightclicked on this Spotify.exe, and selected 'Pin to Start Menu(or Task Bar)'
  9. Fixed

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

What version of Windows are you using? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yeh its windows 8

Strange, do you have a Spotify icon on your desktop? 

If so, can you make sure Spotify is not pinned to the taskbar, right click on the desktop icon select properties > shortcut > change icon > and make sure it is set on "%APPDATA%\Spotify\Spotify.exe"? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

First off thank you so much for helping me. So I tried what you said. Unpinned the icon from the taskbar and made sure the icon pathway was the same and it was. Then when I pinned it back to the taskbar it shows the spotify logo but when I open it up, the white page opens in a second icon next to the spotify one. When I click on the spotify one again, it just brings up the other tab again. 

Dan

I have the exact same issue.  Windows 8.  I have installed Spotify several times to try to fix

I had this issue as well and this is what I did to fix it:

1. Right-click on the Spotify shortcut on your desktop.

2. Click "Open FIle Location"

3. There should be an item in the list that appears labelled "Spotify". It should have the Spotify logo with it.

4. Right-click on it

5. Roll your mouse over "Send to"

6. Click on "Desktop (Create Shortcut)" in the list

7. The new shortcut should be there with the logo on it. Right-clik on it and click "Pin to Taskbar" if that's what you want as well.

Hi I'm using a samsung s6 edge and since few days when the music play the icon and widget are no longer showing on my lock screen as well is this normal ?

Thank you for your help...I am missing the icon for spotify on my i-pad.

Absolute legend 🙂

i have had that issue as well on windows 10  play icon and other icons won't show tried running Spotify as administrator but that doesn't work

Marked as solution

Hey,

1. I was experiencing a missing taskbar icon for Spotify
  2. I tried the method mentioned above by dougtib, only to find the Spotify.exe in that folder was a white page.
  3. I then realized I was in the microsoft\windows\Start Menu\Programs folder
  4. The Spotify.exe I was directed to was a shortcut (d,oh).
  5. Rightclick on Spotify.exe in Start Menu\Programs folder.
  6. Select 'Open File Location'
  7. In my case, this lead me to the correct folder location, and the Spotify.exe here had the appropriate icon.
  8. I then Rightclicked on this Spotify.exe, and selected 'Pin to Start Menu(or Task Bar)'
  9. Fixed

Hi, Unforetunlately i cant figure out how to fix this for windows 10, anyone got any ideas?

Worked great for me thanks...

All you need to do is to unpin from taskbar, open the app and then pin it to the taskbar again and it reappears.

Took two seconds, thank you!

Suggested posts