Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle mode playing the same songs all the time

I have a playlist with 10,000 songs and use shuffle to listen to them. What I realized the past weeks is that the same songs are played over and over again - and not because I listen to this playlist 24/7 but because the shuffle mode seems to not pic...

• Music Fan
  • I have a playlist with 10,000 songs and use shuffle to listen to them. What I realized the past weeks is that the same songs are played over and over again - and not because I listen to this playlist...
  • timsty
  • Visitor
  • 160 replies
  • 100 likes
  • 160 replies
  • 100 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify unable to play music after headphones switch

When I disconnect my wired headphones and use my bluetooth headphone instead Spotify cannot play music anymore. Pressing play does nothing. I have to quit Spotify and restart it again to play music.

• Music Fan
  • When I disconnect my wired headphones and use my bluetooth headphone instead Spotify cannot play music anymore. Pressing play does nothing. I have to quit Spotify and restart it again to play music.
  • OscarDC
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music pausing after 20-35 seconds each time after pressing play

PlanPremium Device(PC and iPhone 12)Operating System(Windows 11, iOS 15) My Question or IssueEvery time I press play on a song whether it's a single song, playlist, or artist song it pauses after 20-35 seconds. I've tried restarting the app, restarti...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Device (PC and iPhone 12) Operating System (Windows 11, iOS 15)   My Question or Issue Every time I press play on a song whether it's a single song, playlist, or art...
  • эстрейя
  • Visitor
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Autoplay not working

My Spotify autoplay is not working even after reinstalling it multiple times. It always ends up a the first song of playlist

• Visitor
  • My Spotify autoplay is not working even after reinstalling it multiple times. It always ends up a the first song of playlist
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why doesn't the playlist pick up where it left off when the app is reopened

Why doesn't the playlist pick up where it left off when the app is reopened? When we open the app again, the previous playlist does not continue

• Visitor
  • Why doesn't the playlist pick up where it left off when the app is reopened? When we open the app again, the previous playlist does not continue
  • Dougoc1
  • Visitor
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Few albums by Boston Manor don't work.

PlanFamilyCountryCzech RepublicDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueI cannot play a few albums by Boston Manor. It's a biggie. Please solve this.

• Visitor
  •   Plan Family Country Czech Republic Device Desktop Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue I cannot play a few albums by Boston Manor. It's a biggie. Please solve thi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't log in on my Desktop (win11) App.

Im always getting the errorcode "auth:1"I checked the router, the firewall and other things i found in the internet. Nothing should disturb the app but it still won't let me log in.

• Visitor
  • Im always getting the errorcode "auth:1" I checked the router, the firewall and other things i found in the internet. Nothing should disturb the app but it still won't let me log in.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Zooming not scaling properly with the new desktop UI

With the new UI, I cannot access my profile while using the Desktop app because the "minimise" button covers it up as it is WAY too large. Zooming in fixes but this shouldn't be an issue for ANY zoom levels as it is inconvenient for users. The "Going...

ElizabethSusanLibra_0-1711202399430.png
  • With the new UI, I cannot access my profile while using the Desktop app because the "minimise" button covers it up as it is WAY too large. Zooming in fixes but this shouldn't be an issue for ANY zoom...
  • lockimonops
  • Visitor
  • 19 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't like songs on Windows desktop app when playing through smart shuffle on Android

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePC, Samsung Galaxy 21Operating SystemWindows 11, Android 13 My Question or IssueSongs playing through smart shuffle on the Android app can't be added to liked songs using the Windows desktop app.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device PC, Samsung Galaxy 21 Operating System Windows 11, Android 13   My Question or Issue Songs playing through smart shuffle on the Android app can't be adde...
  • PsychdOut
  • Visitor
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

DEMAND: Return the "queue" view to center

PlanPremiumCountryMexicoDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 I want this for yesterday. Yes, I am **bleep** - The queue has to go back to the middle section of the app. This is no longer a request, but a demand. For stuff like that, you NEED to have a ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Mexico Device PC Operating System Windows 10   I want this for yesterday. Yes, I am **bleep** - The queue has to go back to the middle section of the app. This is n...
  • crosspatch
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes

Does push in settings also send notifications to desktop app?

Does the push notification mentioned in the screenshot also apply to the desktop application? So if I check it, can I also receive notifications from the desktop application or is the option only available for the mobile app?Screenshot:https://i.imgu...

• Visitor
  • Does the push notification mentioned in the screenshot also apply to the desktop application? So if I check it, can I also receive notifications from the desktop application or is the option only ava...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music keeps 'jittering' and it nearly crashed my computer

I was playing a game like normal on my computer, listening to my music on the desktop app until my music began jittering (repeating the same segment of the song continuously) and normally I could pause it with my keyboard (gaming keyboard) but this t...

• Visitor
  • I was playing a game like normal on my computer, listening to my music on the desktop app until my music began jittering (repeating the same segment of the song continuously) and normally I could pau...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Was "create similar playlist" removed?

I've been using the "create similar playlist" function as a way to discover new music and its been such a great tool, much more effective than simply going to a song radio. I've only been able to use this function on my desktop but now can't even see...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been using the "create similar playlist" function as a way to discover new music and its been such a great tool, much more effective than simply going to a song radio. I've only been able to use...
  • oh-comon
  • 112 replies
  • 59 likes
  • 112 replies
  • 59 likes

got message, "Spotify can't play this right now" and says to import a file

Tried playing multiple songs and playlists, and keep getting this a message saying "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." I am not offline, and don't know what's happening. If reloaded the page, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Tried playing multiple songs and playlists, and keep getting this a message saying "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." I am not offline, and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Favorite song icons not showing in my playlists

I run the Windows desktop application of Spotify. It looks like today the small green icon has changed that shows that you have added a song to your favorite songs. In this playlist and in all my others though, those icons do not show anymore: This i...

spot1.png
  • Music Fan
  • I run the Windows desktop application of Spotify. It looks like today the small green icon has changed that shows that you have added a song to your favorite songs. In this playlist and in all my oth...
  • tmeffort7
  • Regular
  • 56 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 56 replies
  • 17 likes

My Spotify DJ is not showing up on the "made for you" category

Im from Lithuania, so it should be available. I have read somewhere that you should make your playlists public, that didnt work out. Could somebody help?

• Visitor
  • Im from Lithuania, so it should be available. I have read somewhere that you should make your playlists public, that didnt work out. Could somebody help?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify can´t play using NativeInstruments Interface

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueNever had Problems with the App but since i´m using Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S4 MK3 as my Interface it stopped working. All other Apps/Programms with sound...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Never had Problems with the App but since i´m using Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S4...
  • shlederener8
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Discover weekly empty

Hey guys, so it's been the third week with this issue, I though it could be a problem with spotify so I let it go, but I'm guessing it's my account only. My discover weekly it's empty, and I tried to logout and login again and I tried to unfollow and...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, so it's been the third week with this issue, I though it could be a problem with spotify so I let it go, but I'm guessing it's my account only.   My discover weekly it's empty, and I...
  • mxq
  • 23 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 3 likes