Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Genre links in other genres pages doesn't work

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceDell InspironOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a strange issue. I can't press Ge...

• Roadie
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device Dell Inspiron Operating System Wind...
  • Noguri
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • "desktop" "app"
    "Windows"
    Genres & Moods
    Sub-genres
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay DISABLED, can't be enabled, yet keeps **bleep** to my queue

Windows 11, Spotify for Windows (64 bit) 1.2.35.663.gb699649e I also can't clear the queue, because the "clear queue" button is missing because I'm not the ones adding the songs. I restarted the application that didn't work. I enabled autoplay and re...

• Casual Listener
  • Windows 11, Spotify for Windows (64 bit) 1.2.35.663.gb699649e   I also can't clear the queue, because the "clear queue" button is missing because I'm not the ones adding the songs.  I res...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay setting is ignored when set to 'off'

PlanPremiumCountry UK DeviceWindows 10, Mac My autoplay setting is set to 'off', but the app is ignoring it and playing random other things after I've finished listening to an album. This is happening on Mac and PC. I've just tested it by listening t...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device Windows 10, Mac   My autoplay setting is set to 'off', but the app is ignoring it and playing random other things after I've finished listening to an...
  • jako479
  • Casual Listener
  • 27 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 11 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Desktop clear queue button disappeared?!

My 'clear queue' button has disappeared on desktop – I've updated to the latest version of Spotify. Autoplay is off and I've tried to restart the app. It's a bit frustrating to keep having to skip/change songs with the queue still going every time! A...

• Visitor
  • My 'clear queue' button has disappeared on desktop – I've updated to the latest version of Spotify. Autoplay is off and I've tried to restart the app. It's a bit frustrating to keep having to skip/ch...
  • jako479
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar.   Together, the individually customiz...
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

Font Resizes when Returning to Home

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueFont automatically reverts to largest option when returning to home. Clicking home in the sidebar, or backing up to the home screen both make this occur. You c...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue Font automatically reverts to largest option when returning to home. Clicking home ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Blue dots won't go away

I read a lot of podcasts and no matter what I do, blue dots next to them won't leave. It is hard to keep track of where I am

• I read a lot of podcasts and no matter what I do, blue dots next to them won't leave. It is hard to keep track of where I am
  • jschfr
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 12 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume slider locked, can't change volume

PlanPremiumCountryPLDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm experiencing an issue with my Spotify aplication where I'm unable to adjust the volume as the volume slider appears to be locked. Also I can't change the device I'm playin...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country PL Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm experiencing an issue with my Spotify aplication where I'm unable to adjust the volume ...
  • blego62
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

The lyrics don't work on Windows

PlanFreeCountrySpainDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 11 Pro My Question or IssueI tried putting lyrics on Spotify on my PC (using the installed app) and they don't work. A message appears saying that they don't know the lyrics of that song. I tried di...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country Spain Device PC Operating System Windows 11 Pro   My Question or Issue I tried putting lyrics on Spotify on my PC (using the installed app) and they don't work. A mes...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    don't work
    lyrics
    PC
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify recommending songs already in a playlist

PlanPremiumCountryCanada Device(Samsung Galaxy 9+, WebPlayer, Desktop App)Operating System(iAndroid Oreo, Windows 10) My Question or IssueSpotify recommends songs already in my playlists, sometimes the song is in the playlist it is basing the recomme...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Canada   Device (Samsung Galaxy 9+, WebPlayer, Desktop App) Operating System (iAndroid Oreo, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Spotify recommends songs...
  • Keith16
  • Casual Listener
  • 18 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 16 likes

Superuser Contribution Right Side Audio 'Louder'

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePC/HyperX Cloud Revolver S/ASUS Xonar DSXOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueCurrently I'm experiencing a strange audio balancing issue that I can't find the answer to elsewhere. What's currently happening is when...

• Plan Premium Country US Device PC/HyperX Cloud Revolver S/ASUS Xonar DSX Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Currently I'm experiencing a strange audio balancing issue t...
  • Toastno6
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Disable automatic playing on bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceLenovo T16Operating SystemWindows 11 My Question or Issue1. How do I make Spotify stop automatically playing when I connect my bluetooth speakers? Note, I've disabled every autoplay function. 2. The fact that there isn't a s...

• Plan Premium Country US Device Lenovo T16 Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue 1. How do I make Spotify stop automatically playing when I connect my bluetooth speakers? N...
  • Maria
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution download songs from a cd

I would like to download songs from cd's I have. I setup my download to the source where the files are located and nothing gets downloaded.

• Visitor
  • I would like to download songs from cd's I have. I setup my download to the source where the files are located and nothing gets downloaded.
  • MartinT
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Most images won't load, either on desktop app or website

For a few months now, Spotify randomly won't load images: album art, artist profile pictures, video thumbnails, playlist covers. There is apparently no pattern, sometimes a playlist will have every image loaded, but I can close and restart the app an...

brave_AKhJUy96hl.png
  • For a few months now, Spotify randomly won't load images: album art, artist profile pictures, video thumbnails, playlist covers.     There is apparently no pattern, sometimes a playl...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution The new UI does not allow you to adequately drag the window

If the window is large enough, there is some space to drag the application. If the window is large enough, there is some space to drag the application. However, if the window is small, then I have to grab the application a few pixels from the search ...

• Casual Listener
  • If the window is large enough, there is some space to drag the application. If the window is large enough, there is some space to drag the application. However, if the window is small, then I&nb...
  • Maria
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I save my playlist to my music file?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Ivelina
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Annoying spellcheck red line in search bar

Operating System(Windows 11) Whose idea was it to implement a spell check in the search bar of the desktop client with latest update? I've never asked for it, and I never will.Please remove it, or tell me how I can disable the red lines. (All spell c...

• Music Fan
  • Operating System (Windows 11)   Whose idea was it to implement a spell check in the search bar of the desktop client with latest update? I've never asked for it, and I never will. Please r...
  • MihailY
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify too slow in Windows with many playlists and songs

Plan: PremiumCountry: SpainDevice: laptop / desktop / workstationOperating System: Windows 10 and 11 Hello: I have been a user of Spotify Premium for years and I am in love with the application but for more than 1 year I have had a problem that I can...

• Music Fan
  • Plan: Premium Country: Spain Device: laptop / desktop / workstation Operating System: Windows 10 and 11   Hello: I have been a user of Spotify Premium for years and I am in love with t...
  • zamorano400
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback stops after a few tracks over bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountryIreland DevicevariousOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueMy laptop runs Spotify version Spotify for Windows (64 bit)1.2.35.663.gb699649e. It connects to Amazon Echo Dot using built-in device features (and has worked fine ...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Ireland   Device various Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue My laptop runs Spotify version Spotify for Windows (64 bit) 1.2.35.663.gb699649e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution windows 11; resize window doesn't work properly

Plan;PremiumOperating SystemWindows 11 HomeApp VersionSpotify for Windows (64 bit)1.2.35.663.gb699649eIssueWindow refuses to resize smaller past a certain point. No other program on my computer does this, and it breaks the "Snap to" window behavior f...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan; Premium Operating System Windows 11 Home App Version Spotify for Windows (64 bit) 1.2.35.663.gb699649e Issue Window refuses to resize smaller past a certain point. No other program on m...
  • Joan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes