Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I dislike songs/artists so they don't come up in play lists

I have a very clear 'like' button next to the song. How do I dislike a song or an artist? I don't mind it coming up once on the rotation, but why should I keep on having to listen to something that I dislike? I guess I could always create my own play...

• Visitor
  • I have a very clear 'like' button next to the song.  How do I dislike a song or an artist?  I don't mind it coming up once on the rotation, but why should I keep on having to listen to some...
  • kensparker
  • Music Fan
  • 41 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 41 replies
  • 14 likes

Clear queue button

Looked at the FAQ.  Can't see it in my Windows desktop app.

• Casual Listener
  • Looked at the FAQ.  Can't see it in my Windows desktop app.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop Win 11] Spotify keeps crashing after startup

PlanPremiumCountryGreece DeviceIntel Alder LakeOperating SystemWindows 11 Pro My Question or IssueSpotify keeps crashing after ~10-20 seconds after login - i.e. open app , wait, app crashes with no error message.Have already contacted support and use...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Greece   Device Intel Alder Lake Operating System Windows 11 Pro   My Question or Issue Spotify keeps crashing after ~10-20 seconds after login - i.e. open a...
  • Joan
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Re: Spotify playlists are showing up in random sequence

You guys must have implemented some major changes recently.I just noticed that the web browser version of Spotify isn't quite right either.There's no Playlists option under Your Library in the left panel anymore. Only Artists.The Spotify app for Wind...

• Music Fan
  • You guys must have implemented some major changes recently. I just noticed that the web browser version of Spotify isn't quite right either. There's no Playlists option under Your Library in the le...
  • MSebring
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Desktop: Persistent Lag Across the Client

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceWindows 10 Laptop, Windows 10 Virtual Environment, Bluestacks Pie 64, Samsung S23+Operating SystemWindows 10 22H2, Windows 10 21H2, Android 9 Pie, Android 13 Tiramisu (OS is respective of Device) My Question or Is...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Windows 10 Laptop, Windows 10 Virtual Environment, Bluestacks Pie 64, Samsung S23+ Operating System Windows 10 22H2, Windows 10 21H2, Android 9 Pie, A...
  • JuStScotty
  • Regular
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't connect app to my account

I am trying to login to my Spotify app on Windows. Using the Log In button on the desktop app I am redirected to log in on my internet browser (Microsoft Edge). Once signed in, I press Continue to the App and I am redirected to a page which says Can'...

• Visitor
  • I am trying to login to my Spotify app on Windows. Using the Log In button on the desktop app I am redirected to log in on my internet browser (Microsoft Edge). Once signed in, I press Continue to th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I try to play a song I get the following error message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"I have tried all t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I try to play a song I get the following error message "Spotify can't play this right now...
  • LizBizTizLiz
  • Visitor
  • 90 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 90 replies
  • 15 likes

Taskbar Says 'No internet' and spotify stops working until ethernet is unplugged and replugged

Anyone ever seen this?This is at work, so I have no ability to adjust any gear without going through IT. The internet actually does work for all other apps. It's only Spotify that goes all gray.When I unplug the ethernet a couple times, the Taskbar i...

• Music Fan
  • Anyone ever seen this? This is at work, so I have no ability to adjust any gear without going through IT. The internet actually does work for all other apps. It's only Spotify that goes all gray. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • networking
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't I add my local files to playlists on PC?

When i try to add a local files song to the playlist shown in the video below it doesn't show up on PC. THOUGH on iOS the songs are synced and DO show up in the playlists. Weirdly it's only happening to this one playlist. On all my other playlist, we...

• When i try to add a local files song to the playlist shown in the video below it doesn't show up on PC. THOUGH on iOS the songs are synced and DO show up in the playlists. Weirdly it's only happening...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution smart shuffle stopped working

I like the Smart Shuffle option to add songs to my favorite playlist *while* listening to that playlist but it always stops working. Currently I can't get it to work at all--I toggle it on and off, I close and restart the app, I even tried uninstalli...

• Casual Listener
  • I like the Smart Shuffle option to add songs to my favorite playlist *while* listening to that playlist but it always stops working. Currently I can't get it to work at all--I toggle it on and off, I...
  • ThatsOnKeith
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

I can't log in on my Desktop (win11) App.

Im always getting the errorcode "auth:1"I checked the router, the firewall and other things i found in the internet. Nothing should disturb the app but it still won't let me log in.

• Visitor
  • Im always getting the errorcode "auth:1" I checked the router, the firewall and other things i found in the internet. Nothing should disturb the app but it still won't let me log in.
  • CNbys1
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Full Screen: Read Along

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWin11 My Question or IssueEnjoying Read along (beta) for podcasts on desktop - wondering how I can make this full screen or enlarged as at the moment it only takes up a small corner of the scree...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Desktop Operating System Win11   My Question or Issue Enjoying Read along (beta) for podcasts on desktop - wondering how I can make this full scre...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music keeps 'jittering' and it nearly crashed my computer

I was playing a game like normal on my computer, listening to my music on the desktop app until my music began jittering (repeating the same segment of the song continuously) and normally I could pause it with my keyboard (gaming keyboard) but this t...

• Visitor
  • I was playing a game like normal on my computer, listening to my music on the desktop app until my music began jittering (repeating the same segment of the song continuously) and normally I could pau...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify official download link for Windows XP

Does anyone have the official download link for spotify for windows xp? I remember that the link was similar to this: please, if anyone finds out the official link I will be very grateful

• Visitor
  • Does anyone have the official download link for spotify for windows xp?   I remember that the link was similar to this:   please, if anyone finds out the official link I will be ver...
  • scratcher1679
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Desktop clear queue button disappeared?!

My 'clear queue' button has disappeared on desktop – I've updated to the latest version of Spotify. Autoplay is off and I've tried to restart the app. It's a bit frustrating to keep having to skip/change songs with the queue still going every time! A...

• Visitor
  • My 'clear queue' button has disappeared on desktop – I've updated to the latest version of Spotify. Autoplay is off and I've tried to restart the app. It's a bit frustrating to keep having to skip/ch...
  • ScooterMac
  • Visitor
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar.   Together, the individually customiz...
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

Superuser Contribution My Spotify DJ is not showing up on the "made for you" category

Im from Lithuania, so it should be available. I have read somewhere that you should make your playlists public, that didnt work out. Could somebody help?

• Visitor
  • Im from Lithuania, so it should be available. I have read somewhere that you should make your playlists public, that didnt work out. Could somebody help?
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify pausing automatically even though I am not transmitting audio.

Feature is designed to prevent me from streaming to users without a subscription - but this week it has started doing it even if I just have Discord open and am *NOT* streaming. Very annoying. Hate it.

• Visitor
  • Feature is designed to prevent me from streaming to users without a subscription - but this week it has started doing it even if I just have Discord open and am *NOT* streaming. Very annoying. Hate i...
  • MartinT
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why doesn't the playlist pick up where it left off when the app is reopened

Why doesn't the playlist pick up where it left off when the app is reopened? When we open the app again, the previous playlist does not continue

• Visitor
  • Why doesn't the playlist pick up where it left off when the app is reopened? When we open the app again, the previous playlist does not continue
  • MartinT
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Remove specific podcasts from home screen

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI almost never listen to podcast. That is why a lot of my recommendations for podcasts are ones I'm not interested in. Could there be an option to hide specif...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I almost never listen to podcast. That is why a lot of my recommendations for podc...
  • orca430
  • Visitor
  • 110 replies
  • 278 likes
  • 110 replies
  • 278 likes