Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to delete songs from a playlist

Solved!

How to delete songs from a playlist

how do you delete songs from a playlist? either on mac or ios?

129 Replies

Bull**bleep** hahahahaha been trying to delete the same songs now each about 6 times.....and they don't delete....understand spotify is one piece of **bleep** app that only works 1/3 rd of the time....its the worse,  when its not skipping or repeating the same **bleep**ing songs over and over and over even though i have thousands of others that can and never are played, it freezes and crashes at least once a day lol......avoid this app if you can....it sucks **bleep**.....and the expect commercials literally after every song...

Would be great to make it easier to delete a song from playlist, kr peter

Hi. If you go on your playlist menu form. Where you can scroll down looking and choosing your songs to play. You can click the 3 little dots at the side of every song where it has the option to remove it from playlist. 

There is no choice to delete a playlist when you click on those three dots.
Sure would like an answer on this one - I loaded a whole group of albums into this playlist by mistake and I want to select and delete all but one song

As an iOS User, I want to be able to delete songs from my Playlist as easily as adding them, so that I don't have to spend considerable effort in navigating and find them when my Playlist is very large. 

Sportify guys, don´t think too complicated in the first step, it would be very helpful to delete a song from the current playlist (ios/android apps) very easily, and not from all possible playlists.

This is ridiculous, spotify! Please add the "remove from my playlist" button. Or did you never tire of a song or add it by mistake? Why aren't we allowed to change our own playlists?!

Put your computer in a hot tub for 1 hour and the song will be gone

it wouldn’t help deleting the songs from my phone. if you have a real
answer, let me know.

##- Please type your reply above this line -#

Hi,

I can't find a way to erase a title from a playlist I built WHILE listening to it, I can only scroll down until I finally find it, ONLY THEN can I erase it.

Is there any way I can make appear the title I'm listening to from my playlist and erase it without having to scroll through hundreds of songs until I find the one playing?

Thanks,

E

Hi,
The does not seem to work for me. Wherever i approach a track from, I can't delete from my playlists (the playlist I built - which should mean I should be able to change it).
Sigh.
Any advice?
Thanks.

Yes, I have the same issue, I can only delete the song AFTER scrolling down my playlist until I find the song which is playing, ONLY THEN can I click on the 3 dots next to the song (computer) or next to the play list + Edit so that the red erasing dots appear (phone). I CAN NOT find a way to make appear the song I'm listening to WITH the erasing option, I can only see the song I'm listening to WITHOUT the erasing options. Super annoying.

Could someone please tell us why Spotify has no feature that allows you to delete a song from your playlist as you are hearing it? I have too many songs to try to find the song to delete in the playlist when I use the "Edit" feature. The delete function should be in the three dots menu in the "now playing" screen. This is rediculous! 

The first few years that Spotify existed they had that feature. I started this thread when they got rid of that feature. To this day I do not think a single Spotify employee has ever responded to this thread. To me if there was a decent competitor I would go to them it's that big of an issue. 

I don't think they will ever bring it back because somehow it makes them a tiny bit more money. I'm not sure exactly how but that has got to be the reason. It would be an easy programming fixed to bring it back and it was on purpose that they got rid of it. 

Money is more important to them than customers. Like I said if there was a decent competitor I would start using them. 

Yes, this works, but if your playlist is long, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.  It'd be great if they added a swipe option for iOS. 

yeah

Yes, I understand that you have to search for the song in the playlist --
you can't just hear it and get rid of it right that minute. There should be
an easier solution.

And now - what's up with these "suggested songs" that show up? No, Spotify
people --- I made that playlist with the songs that I want to hear, not
anything else. And if the listener is not careful to swipe them away to
skip, those show up in your playlist, anyway. And, by the way, if you
don't have "premium," the number of swipes/skips is limited, so you may
have to listen to them (well, mute, anyway). If you don't or cannot do
this they will be imbedded in your list!!! I do not like this. At all.

Not happy with these two situations.

Thanks to everyone for their help on the playlist thing. Any help on
getting rid of "suggested songs" would be appreciated, as well.

Perfect answer - this worked!  Thanks

Hi! In my case, i'm the one who created the playlist using my phone (Samsung s7 edge). There are some songs that i want to remove from my playlist, but there is no option to remove it. What do i do? Hoping to hear a response. Thank you 🙂 

Hey!
I'd recommend swipe to delete them.
Please mark as solved if your question solved.

Suggested posts