Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to make collaborative playlists public?

Solved!

How to make collaborative playlists public?

Hello everyone,

I know there's already a topic about this, but it doesn't really answer to my question: in that other topic, it is explained that you can't make a playlist collaborative AND public.

However, I noticed that two of my collaborative playlists (which weren't created by me) are public on my profile, and I can make them private when I want.

My question is: why? Because I can't make the other ones public and i would really like to.

Thanks in advance for your answers

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

One person can make the collaborative playlist public.
Person 1 makes a playlist and plublishes it.
Person 2 folow the playlist and plublishes it too.
Person 1 makes it a collaborative playlist.
The playlist in now public only on the profile of person 2.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Sometimes, I find that my playlists will say private when in fact they are public.

Do you see the option to change them at all?

If you found my information useful, please "Like" it. Thanks!

When you create a collaborative playlist, it is set to public automatically which is why "public" is greyed-out. You can't make it secret either so a greyed-out "public" was the way they decided to communicate this. 

I don't think that's it because when I go on my profile page, my collaborative playlists are not published on the "published playlists" page (except two of them, as I explained in my first post). So they are not "public".
I don't understand why.

Oh you're right, sorry. Let me try again. A collaborative playlist is set to private and this can't be changed. Basically this is to prevent folk from finding from a search or your profile and vandalising it.

Now that makes sense! Thanks!

No it still doesn't make sense because four of my collaborative playlists (when I originally posted it was two of them, now it's four) ARE public whereas the others are NOT (but are still collaborative !). So there doesn't seem to be any logic to it.

Marked as solution

One person can make the collaborative playlist public.
Person 1 makes a playlist and plublishes it.
Person 2 folow the playlist and plublishes it too.
Person 1 makes it a collaborative playlist.
The playlist in now public only on the profile of person 2.

I might have found the solution. There is an app called IFTTT and you can create an applet that takes every song you add to A playlist and updates B playlist with these songs. So you can have a playlist with moderators and another list that is public. Only down side is if you want to delete a song you have to delete manually from both lists.
Screenshot_20170604-122002.png

Suggested posts