I can't generate my personal card.

Solved!

I can't generate my personal card.

Gig Goer
‎2013-12-26 10:39 PM

This isn't really a problem with the Spotify app, but I didn't know where else to go. 

For the past month or so, I've been trying to generate my personal card on https://www.spotify.com/us/2013/# (Go all the way down to "you"). I see Spotify tweeting about other people's personal cards, but I've never been able to generate my own. I log in and press the "Generate..." button and it gives me the following message: "ERROR IN GETTING YOUR DATA, PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER". However, I've been "trying again later" each day and it is starting to become very frustrating. What can I do to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I can't generate my personal card.

Community Legend
‎2013-12-26 11:23 PM

Hey @RobbieLoucks ! Welcome to the community :)

This sort of thing is normally caused by a corrupt playlist or something lingering in your account. If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to lend a hand. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

4 Replies

Community Legend
‎2013-12-26 11:23 PM

Hey @RobbieLoucks ! Welcome to the community :)

This sort of thing is normally caused by a corrupt playlist or something lingering in your account. If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to lend a hand. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Gig Goer
‎2013-12-26 11:30 PM

Thank you for the help, I sent something using the online support form. One question though: The @SpotifyCares account doesn't seem to send tweets to individuals, it seems to only tweet "X issue has been noticed" or "X issue has been fixed. How would it help me to send a tweet a problem to them that seems to only be affecting me and nobody else on the internet? (Google hasn't shown anyone else with this problem).

Community Legend
‎2013-12-26 11:37 PM

SpotifyCares on Twitter definitely do send individual tweets (and a lot of them) if you are looking at their timeline you might need to disable the "no @ replies" option at the top to see them though. ;) 

Peter

Gig Goer
‎2013-12-26 11:48 PM

Wow, I'm blind, haha. Thanks again! :)

SUGGESTED POSTS