Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't login and use Spotify.

Solved!

I can't login and use Spotify.

Hello,

I recently re-installed my computer, and started using Windows XP instead of Vista.
But I can't login on spotify, I dont have any Virus programs with firewall against spotify etc.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I also cannot log in. After the "Welcome" window, Spotify says that an error has ocurred,  and that my passw and usern are incorrect. I checked 'em on Facebook, everything works there, but not on Spoty. 

😞

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey everyone! So there are a number of issues going on in this thread--we'll have to take them one at a time. 

bertjan66, tncoult, baraka- Your account is fine on our end. Please be sure you're signing in with your Spotify username (not your email address).

If you're still having trouble, could you let us know what operating system/ Spotify version you're using. 

tashds & JenA- Exactly which error code/ message are you receiving? Since you opened your account via Facebook you'll need to use your Facebook email and password to log in. 

If you want to try resetting your password you'll to do that from the Facebook website. 

xchaser- Are you currently in Puerto Rico? Spotify isn't currently available in U.S. territories due to licensing restrictions.

However, if you were to sign up for a Spotify Premium subscription within one of the 50 states, you'd be able to use Spotify while traveling to a territory. You can find more information on this right here.

CobraHawking- Your account is also fine on our end. Have you also made sure that Spotify is an exception for all firewalls and done a clean reinstall? You can find more information on those steps right here

Marked as solution

Same issues with everyone else. Tried EVERYTHING! IT says firewall NOT blocking it. I am depressed without Spotify 🙂 or 😞

46 Replies

Hey!

You should be able to log in fine with your username 'slag1337' and your Spotify password. Are there any error messages that appear when you do try and log in?

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I also cannot log in! Subscribed to it via Facebook fine, but the app. is not recognising my u.n. and p.w.? I followed the advice in the help pages, tried changing my FB password, but it's not use!  Help.

You should be able to log in using your "tanya_dialogue_europe@talktalk.net" e-mail and facebook password, at least in theory. Are these details not working?

Airhorn Enthusiast

My Spotify account won't work for the reason. I've tried to reinstall, change my password, but nothing has worked. The error message says "Please update your firewall to allow Spotify". I checked my control panel, but it was already allowed. 

Anything I can do?

That is correct, none of those details are working.   Spotify is not recognising my details.  I have tried deleting the app and re-installing, but no use.

Turns out I had a duplicate FB account (beats me how that happened!) so that was the reason I couldn't log-in because of the different details. 

I can't log in. I get an error code 101...says a firewall may be blocking it, but I checked and it isn't. Also says I can try different proxy settings but idk what that is. I uninstalled and reinstalled. It worked earlier today, now all the sudden this 😞

Hey Blueguitargirl!

Have you tried the method suggested on our FAQs? The removing/adding of Spotify to the exceptions list? If you could follow these instructions here...

https://www.spotify.com/uk/help/faq/error/error-101-126/

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

hello,

yes I have the same problem for on my laptop at home (error 101).

But not with the computer at work.

At home I have tried all the suggestions (uninstall and re-install spotify, turn of firewall, or allow firewall etc.).

No method worked so far.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bertjan66

Marked as solution

I also cannot log in. After the "Welcome" window, Spotify says that an error has ocurred,  and that my passw and usern are incorrect. I checked 'em on Facebook, everything works there, but not on Spoty. 

😞

I can't log in it tells me that my country does not match the one set in my profile. I have it set to Puerto Rico / USA in both. It worked fine in my free 30 days.

I can't either and I've done everything suggested (removed from firewall exceptions, uninstalled then reinstalled, then its back on the eceptions list) and still, same problem. Error code 101. I've been a happy premium member until now, this all fo the sudden happened on my main computer.

I'm having the same problem. Can't log in because Spotify won't recognize u.n. and p.w. I've checked my firewall, uninstall, reinstall, but the problem persists. I have my Spotify account linked to Facebook, which is something I would like to cancel but don't know how.

The thing is when I launch Spotify it asks me to enter u.n. and p.w. from Facebook. Then it goes on another page where it asks if I want to show on Facebook the songs I listen to and to log in (again?!). So, I enter the same u.n. and p.w. and all of a sudden it doesn't recognize either of them. I've tried changing passwords in Spotify and Facebook to no avail.

I'd appreciate some help. Thanks.

Won't recognize facebook credentials. Cannot login.

jdriller@gmail.com

I also cannot login using my facebook account

I CAN sign in using my facebook account on the website, but I CANNOT sign in on the app

please help!

I am recieving the 101 message as well.

Marked as solution

Hey everyone! So there are a number of issues going on in this thread--we'll have to take them one at a time. 

bertjan66, tncoult, baraka- Your account is fine on our end. Please be sure you're signing in with your Spotify username (not your email address).

If you're still having trouble, could you let us know what operating system/ Spotify version you're using. 

tashds & JenA- Exactly which error code/ message are you receiving? Since you opened your account via Facebook you'll need to use your Facebook email and password to log in. 

If you want to try resetting your password you'll to do that from the Facebook website. 

xchaser- Are you currently in Puerto Rico? Spotify isn't currently available in U.S. territories due to licensing restrictions.

However, if you were to sign up for a Spotify Premium subscription within one of the 50 states, you'd be able to use Spotify while traveling to a territory. You can find more information on this right here.

CobraHawking- Your account is also fine on our end. Have you also made sure that Spotify is an exception for all firewalls and done a clean reinstall? You can find more information on those steps right here

Hi,

Whenever I try to login I get the error code 101 and so i've tried allowing spotify through my firewall but when I try to do that (because i tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify) its not on the list of programs that i can let through.

Anybody got any ideas?

Suggested posts